- Eden Hazard has become Real Madrid top earner and 6th highest-paid player worldwide
- Lionel Messi remains at the top of football’s rich list
- Neymar and Cristiano Ronaldo completes the top three earners
Belgium star Eden Hazard has beaten the pair of Sergio Ramos and Gareth Bale to become Real Madrid top earner.
The former Chelsea play-maker completed a switch to the Santiago Bernabéu in a deal valued at €100m in addition to massive package of add-ons since the beginning of June.
According to the Independent report, the Belgian penned a five-year deal, which will see him pocket about £400 000 per week.
A further breakdown revealed that Bale was Los Blancos highest-paid player, with the Welshman reportedly earning £350 000 weekly as basic salary, excluding add-ons.
Interestingly, Hazard’s new weekly earning equals to €23.3 million per annum, sees him become the sixth highest paid player in the world at the moment.
However, Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi, who pockets €46m annually at Camp Nou remains at the top of football’s rich list.
Meanwhile, Neymar, who earns €36m as yearly salary at Paris Saint-Germain remains in second spot.
Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo completes the top three after agreeing an annual salary of €30m ahead of his switch from Real Madrid last summer.
PAY ATTENTION: Install Pitch Football App for FREE to get the latest football News & Scores
Top 10 highest-paid players worldwide after Hazard transfer
1) Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona) – €46m
2) Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain) – €36m
3) Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) – €30m
4) Andres Iniesta (Vissel Kobe) – €25m
5) Oscar (Shanghai SIPG) – €24m
6) Eden Hazard (Real Madrid) – €23.3m
7) Alexis Sanchez (Manchester United) – €22.5m
8) Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid) – €20m
9) Hulk (Shanghai SIPG) – €20m
10) Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) – €20m
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!