- Mzansi model Mirriam Ngomani’s fiancé, Tobias Zehetleitner, has come forward to talk about their racist attack at Time Square in Menlyn
- Mirriam Ngomani's legs were broken in the attack in the early hours of Thursday morning, 11 July
- No one came to their rescue during the attack
Mzansi model's Mirriam Ngomani's fiancé, Tobias Zehetleitner, has come forward to reveal what happened during the racist attack on him and his fiancée at Time Square in Menlyn, Pretoria during the early hours of this morning.
According to Zehetleitner, the attack happened around 3am as he and Ngomani were cashing out their winnings at the casino.
According to Sunday World, Zehetleitner claims that a white man in his 20s approached them while standing in the queue and flicked a cigarette in his face. Zehetleitner revealed that he and Ngomani were holding hands at the time.
“I asked what he was doing and he said ‘What is wrong with you? You’re dating a monkey’,” said Zehetleitner.
He added that the man was pointing to his fiancée at the time.
Zehetleitner then said the man’s friend pulled him away from them but had later met him again as they were walking out of the casino. The man started insulting Ngomani again, calling her the k-word and a monkey.
“I walked up to him and tried to reprimand him. I was calm and told him to stop calling her names. He punched me in the face and I retaliated. Four of his friends then joined in and started beating me up. The others pulled Mirriam down and started kicking her,” he said.
Zehetleitner said he had passed out but recalled her lying helplessly on the ground. He suffered injuries to the head and face.
Ngomani’s fiancé said it pained him that people at the scene just watched as they were being attacked and no one came to their rescue.
Zehetlietner said the police has taken their statements.
Two weeks ago, Briefly.co.za reported that DA MP Phumzile van Damme reportedly intends to lay charges against those involved in an alleged racist incident which she claims took place last week at the V&A Waterfront.
Van Damme has also called for the family involved to release the video she says they were filming at the time of the incident.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!