The former mayor of London, Boris Johnson, has been elected Prime Minister of the United Kingdom following the resignation of his predecessor, Theresa May.
Briefly.co.za brings you 13 interesting, tongue-in-cheek facts you probably did not know about the new UK Prime Minister.
Below are the 13 interesting facts:
1. Boris, who is a popular historian, was awarded a scholarship to Eton after being recruited to the England U20s tiddlywinks team
2. He made his fortune selling a recipe for steak bake to Greggs, popular bakery chain in the UK.
3. Boris still holds the record for the most doughnuts eaten in one sitting in the House of Commons canteen, scoffing 14 during one lunchtime in 2002.
4. The new Prime Minister has never seen Star Wars because the Ewoks are too scary and give him nightmares.
5. It is said that h originally became an MP when he showed up to parliament to deliver a pizza but could not find the exit.
6. The new Prime Minister's only friend was a stick insect named Trevor and he died 14 years ago.
7. Boris always carries his lucky brick, which he has slept with since he was four years old.
8. Boris has stated that his desire for the country to leave the EU is rooted in a deep dislike of Brussels sprouts.
9. Even though Boris is an avid historian, Boris' chosen subject on Celebrity Mastermind was "viz comics through the years".
10. The new Prime Minister's full name is Alexander Boris de Waffle Vaudeville Chlorine Betamax Slytherin McDuck-Johnson III
11. His hair is constantly trying to escape from his head, which is the reason why it is so messy.
12. He was said to have voted for the Church of the Militant Elvis Party because he was trying to vote conservative and missed.
13. The new Prime Minister thinks hot dogs are made from boiled retriever, which is the reason why he has never tried one.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!