- SA politician, Hlaudi Motsoeneng has been approached by a production company to film a reality TV show about him
- The politician did not say yay or nay, however is contemplating the idea
- Moja Love has also been contacted by the production company to air the show
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
Former SABC COO-turned politician, Hlaudi Motsoeneng is set t give Mzansi TV viewers a glimpse into his personal life.
According to Sunday World, the controversial president of the African Content Movement, was approached by a production company to televise his life in what is said to be the first reality TV show featuring a politician.
Keabetswe Mokoena’s Prosperita Productions approached Motsoeneng in July but those close to him said the politician preferred a documentary about his life instead of a reality TV show.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you want to know what's trending on Briefly.co.za? Join our WhatsApp group today.
It is believed that the production company has already made a presentation to Moja Love, a channel carried on pay TV service DStv. The idea is to showcase Motsoeneng's life since he has failed to make it to parliament.
Motsoeneng ran for election in this year’s national general elections but his party did not secure a single parliamentary seat in the National Assembly.
If all goes as planned, the TV show will feature Motsoeneng’s daily life. Those close to the politician also revealed that the show will provide a glimpse into Motsoeneng’s family life, including how he interacts with his daughters and other people close to him.
Motsoeneng confirmed that he was approached and is considering the proposal.
“Yes, I was approached by people who said they wanted to do a reality YV show with me. They said there was a channel that wanted to do the show with me. But I told them I will think about it and that is where we left it,” said Motsoeneng.
The production company’s Mokoena confirmed the discussions with both Moja Love and Motsoeneng however said they are still awaiting they go-ahead.
“We are still in pre-production at the moment and nothing has been finalised as yet… We are just awaiting for the green light so that we can start with production. If confirmed, it’s going to be historical because Hlaudi is going to be the first politician and executive to have a reality show,” she added.
Mokoena added that there was a huge interest from South Africans in Motsoeneng as an individual, considering his colourful life.
“People want to know whether Motsoeneng wears pyjamas, what he eats for breakfast, lunch and generally what he gets up to from the morning,” said Mokoena.
She added that information regarding the planned reality show will be available next week.
READ ALSO: Minnie Dlamini-Jones shows Psyfo's bae how to rock her engagement ring
Six days ago, Briefly.co.za reported that the SABC will be taking legal action to force former head Hlaudi Motsoeneng to return millions of Rands he allegedly looted.
This was the statement made by SABC board chairperson Bongumusa Makathini.
This follows the final report which was handed over last week by the Commission of Inquiry into Editorial Interference at the SABC.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!