Sbahle Mpisane shares details about waking up from her induced coma

Sbahle Mpisane shares details about waking up from her induced coma

- Sbahle Mpisane opened up about what it felt like waking up after being in a 3-week induced coma

- Sbahle uses pictures of her time in hospital to remind herself how far she has come

- It hasn't been an easy recovery for the fitness bunny, but she is striving to regain her life

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see News on your News Feed!

Fitness personality, Sbahle Mpisane opened up about how she uses pictures that was taken in hospital after her horrific car crash in August last year, to remind herself of just how far she has come with her healing.

Sbahle was seriously injured during the crash. She had to be removed from the vehicle with the jaws of life. The Fitness Bunny has spent three months in hospital.

The fitness fanatic took to Instagram to share a snap that was taken when she woke up from being in an induced coma for three weeks. The induced coma was to protect her swollen brain.

“When I first woke up my dad was next to me and I was crying because I just wanted to move and walk. He held me down.”

PAY ATTENTION: Do you want to know what's trending on Join our WhatsApp group today.

According to TshisaLive, Sbahle also thanked her stepmom and businesswoman, Shauwn Mpisane.

“Later my #WCE joined me and took over, wiping the tears and fears away. She is my guardian angel on this earth. Sometimes in life you are blessed with people who come and stay in your life just to help you through the good and the bad. She has been that and then some.”

Both Sbahle and Shauwn are one in a kind. They both handle personal and public storms with grace and being calm.

“Over the years she has instilled the kind of discipline in me that allows me to believe more in myself and not wallow in my current challenges,” said Sbahle.

READ ALSO: Somizi Mhlongo drops the highly-anticipated white wedding date bomb

About a week ago, reported that Friday, 9 August, marked a year since Sbahle Mpisane was involved in her horrific car crash that nearly claimed her life. She ended up spending months in hospital and is now on the road to making a full recovery. learnt that Sbahle lost control of her vehicle during the early hours of 9 August 2018 while driving on Victoria Embankment in Durban. Paramedics had to use the Jaws of Life to free her from the wreckage.

Although it’s been a tough and long journey towards her recovery, Sbahle learnt to push the boundaries to reclaim her life.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!


Mailfire view pixel