- Babes Wodumo's "hacked" Twitter account continues to create havoc on social media
- Yesterday messages from the account targeted muso, Davido, and stated that Nigerians were responsible for bringing drugs into the country
- Babes' account also pointed fingers at other foreigners too for stealing RDP houses from South Africans
Babes Wodumo’s Twitter account continues to stir chaos, slamming international muso, Davido and blaming Nigerians for the drugs scourge in Mzansi.
Despite Babes claiming that her account was hacked and that she had no control of the content being posted, social media users did not care and instead slammed her for several tweets that was posted on Tuesday evening. The tweets were addressing the ongoing debate about xenophobia.
Briefly.co.za earlier reported about the widespread looting and violence that is erupting across parts of the country, as both locals and foreigners have clashed.
According to TshisaLive, more than 180 people were arrested in Gauteng. The Nigerian government had summoned SA’s representatives threatening to dispatch a special delegation to Pretoria to discuss the attack on it’s people.
Nigerian artists, Wizkid, Davido and Burna Boy all expressed their anger at the violence and called fellow Nigerians not to retaliate.
Davido said that if Nigeria was a good country, there wouldn’t be any reason for its people to side in South Africa. He also responded to comments from Mzansi rapper, AKA, claiming he was “disappointed” in him and unfollowed him on social media.
Burna Boy took his anger to new levels, saying he would boycott the country after allegedly experiencing his own xenophobia in SA.
Then Babes Wodumo’s Twitter account weighed in on the drama, sitting more frustration and anger when she slammed Nigerian artists, before going on about other foreigners.
Babes Twitter account also accused Nigerians for human trafficking in SA and accused Zimbabweans for taking RDP houses built for South Africans.
Few hours earlier, Babes took to Instagram to claim her Twitter account had been hacked again, and confirming she was not the one tweeting.
Last month, Babes told TshisaLive that she had lost access to her Twitter account when hackers posted a video of her making fun of Lady Zamar. The video went viral.
Babes claimed to know the man who hacked her account but said authorities were unable to track him down.
Babes’ name trending on Twitter on Tuesday, as social media users debated whether she was really hacked or “just making excuses” again.
Yesterday, Briefly.co.za reported that Babes Wodumo has once again blamed hackers for comments made on her Twitter account, claiming she did not lambaste transport minister, Fikile Mbalula for his femicide comment.
Mbalula sparked a huge debate on social media on Monday when he defended the government after social media blamed them for not doing anything to protect women and children against violence in the country.
But Babes Wodumo slammed the minister for his comment on Twitter, claiming he would not share the same view in the victim was his mother or sister.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!