- The Springbok team to face New Zealand on Saturday was announced on Wednesday
- South Africans responded positively via social media as they rallied behind the side
- The Democratic Alliance (DA) has issued a plea to Multichoice to allow the SABC to broadcast the Springboks matches
Rugby fans are licking their lips at the prospect of Saturday's mouthwatering encounter between South African and New Zealand.
The All Blacks are still regarded as the favourites, but many are predicting an upset for the Springboks.
The Springboks announced their team on Wednesday and the news attracted an overwhelming response via Facebook.
Hundreds of supporters responded to rally behind the team.
Briefly.co.za gauged the responses and most fans were in agreement that it is the ideal line-up to counter the threat of the All Blacks.
Briefly.co.za previously reported that the SABC would not be in a position to broadcast any of the World Cup matches due to its financial woes.
This would mean that the majority of South Africans would be unable to watch the matches and support the Boks.
The DA has appealed to Multichoice to allow the SABC to broadcast the Springboks' matches as a minimum.
Masibulele Mphambo commented, "This is a solid team with a very healthy bench, all the best bokke."
Xolile Nombambela said, "Was hoping for Beast and Trevor to start so that we will have Plan B of Kitsoff & Marx in the last week 20 minutes when NZ are so dangerous."
Cody Beale added, "Rassie going for a strong finish against the all blacks! From an all blacks fan, who will always respect the boks! good luck hope we see each other in the final."
Tlholo Conquer Modiba responded, "What i know is that rassie has a plan. And i support every his selection because he has a game plan. In rassie I believe."
David Scheepers said, "Great team but very sad that most of the nation cannot watch!!! No respect for dstv."
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY’s news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!