- DStv customers are not pleased with all the unsettling changes thay are making
- Three channels and two packages are being cut as of 1 November
- MultiChoice Group Executive for Corporate Affairs, Joe Heshu, explained it all, confirming the cuts
DStv is about to make a whole bunch of peeps real displeased. The TV service provider has been the talk of the town thanks to their poor service and proposed crazy changes.
The age-old debate as to whether or not DStv is even worth the money is about to see the final rebuttal that settles this once and for all.
Briefly.co.za learnt that not only is DStv discontinuing some of its packages, but it's also cancelling the A+E Networks channels too!
DStv subscribers have been simmering in an outraged pot of confusion. Luckily MultiChoice Group Executive for Corporate Affairs, Joe Heshu, stepped forward and put it all out on the table.
Here are a few key things Joe revealed:
- The History Channel, Crime + Investigation and Lifetime channels will be no longer as of 1 November.
- They are looking to bring two new channels on to cover the content that these channels provided, as MultiChoice does understand that there are viewers who do enjoy it.
- Select 1 and Select 2 packages will be discontinued at the end of October. These customers will automatically be upgraded to the Family Package at no extra charge.
- The overbilling issue was caused by the fact that the Price Lock instalment was moved from being an arrears paid amount to an advanced paid amount; which led to a doubling up of payment to accommodate the change. However, this upset will not result in an extra cost on the customers part - the customer will only pay the total amount that was agreed upon signing of the contract.
Joe assures everyone that MultiChoice is making these changes in the best interest of their viewers and pleads for some understanding to be given.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!