Loyiso Bala is a South African R&B and Gospel musician and TV personality. He is best known for being part of the music group called TKZee as well as the Bala Brothers, which includes his two siblings Phelo Bala and Zwai Bala. He is also known for his work as a judge in the 2016 kykNET reality competition series Varsity Sing.
In 2013, Loyiso was appointed as the UNAids National Goodwill Ambassador to further add to a successful musical career. He has also released a number of songs and albums both as an individual and in a group. Let us find out more about him including his popular songs like Loyiso Bala Kingdom Come.
Loyiso Bala profile summary
- Full name: Loyiso Bala
- Date of birth: 22nd September 1979
- Place of birth: Uitenhage, Eastern Cape in South Africa
- Loyiso Bala age: 40 years old as of 2019
- Nationality: South African
- Loyiso Bala Instagram: @loyisobala
- Loyiso Bala Facebook: @loyisomusic
- Loyiso Bala Twitter: @loyisomusic
- Relationship status: Married
- Occupation: R&B and Gospel musician and TV personality
- Famous for: Being part of the music group called TKZee as well as the Bala Brothers
Loyiso Bala biography
Loyiso and his brothers were born into a music family. Both of their parents were church singers, while the grandfather also composed music. Loyiso is the second-last born in a family of four.
After completing his primary education and acquiring his matric in 1998 from St. Stithians College, Bala joined UNISA for a Bachelors of Music qualification. He was also teaching music at his previous college. However, when he started out his music career he was forced to quit university. Last year, he decided to join Henley Business School for a post-graduate diploma in business management.
The artist’s career started out with the Bala Brothers. The popularity of the group grew after Zwai became a member of the Drakensberg Boys’ Choir School in 1988. In doing so, Zwai became the first black to join the group, which was open only for white people. Loyiso soon followed suit and joined the group as well, in 1989.
Eventually, in 2006, the Bala Brothers recorded their first album B3 on Sony BMG Entertainment Africa. At the same time, the three did individual projects while working together on tours. Zwai, Loyiso, and Phelo released another album in May 2013 titled Live at Emperors Palace under the Bala Brothers Production since Sony BMG wasn't working any more.
Loyiso Bala songs
Loyiso's songs include:
- Miss You More
- I Believe
- Holy Holy
- Saving Grace
- My Angel
- Dali Wami
- Power Love Sound
- Rise Up South Africa
- Jesus Speaks
- Great is Thy Faithfulness
- Karma Police
- Did You Know It
- Jesus Is Here
- I Want You
- Intando Yakho
- How Great Thou Art / Great and Mighty
- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
- He Loves Us
- Can’t Live Without You
- Time to Dance
- Girl, You’re Mine
- Wrong For You
- Won’t Get Over You
- You’re My Music
- World of Mine
- Our God Is Awesome
- You Reign
Loyiso Bala TV roles
His appearances on TV include:
- Noot vir Noot - Season 36 & 41
- The South African Music Awards - Season 19 & 21
- Tropika Island of Treasure - Season 2 (Zanzibar)
- Miss South Africa - Season 56
- The Hostess with Lorna Maseko - Season 2
- Varsity Sing - Season 1
- Tropika Island of Treasure - Season 1 (Mauritius)
Loyiso Bala awards
His awards include:
- 2008: Best R&B Artist at MTN S.A. Music Award.
- 2008: Best Producer at MTN S.A. Music Award.
- 2015: South African Music Awards.
- 2007: Best R&B Album at Metro FM.
- 1999: Best Faith Album ‘Power Love Sound’ at South African Music Awards.
Loyiso Bala wife
The artist is married to Jennifer Odjidja since 2011. The couple has two beautiful daughters. The firstborn is called Kenzie Bala while the second born came last year after years of trying.
Loyiso Bala latest news
It seems that Bala does not have that much luck with some people because he was labeled a homophobe again earlier this year. He was wishing his gay brother (Phelo) a happy birthday but some people, including celebrity Vuyo Ngcukana, called the message homophobic.
Loyiso Bala has been in the music industry since the times of apartheid itself and he is still working hard. At 40, he does not look like he is slowing down. We wish him all the best in life.
- Johanna Mukoki age, biography, green juice, husband, children, and contact details
- Luthando Shosha (Lootlove) age, measurements, baby, baby daddy, haircut, other names, TV shows and Instagram
- Tamara Dey age, daughter, baby daddy, law suit, songs, albums, record label, pictures, Instagram and net worth
- Bahumi Madisakwane bio, age, married, parents, car and Instagram
- Rolene Strauss age, children, husband, parents, education, book, on YouTube, miss world, and Instagram