- Reports that US actor Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson has died has been labelled as fake news
- The death hoax claiming the actor died after a failed stunt went viral on social media platforms on Wednesday, 13 November
- Dwayne assured fans he's very much alive through a snap of his upcoming Under Armour campaign on Instagram
US actor, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, was the latest celebrity victim of a shocking death hoax.
According to Zeebiz.com, celebrities being targeted through death hoaxes is common. There have been many reports of major celebrities passing away that have been circulated in the past and labelled as fake news.
Dwayne’s hoax appeared on the internet on Wednesday, 13 November, which claimed that the actor died after a failed stunt. The article carried the headline: “BBC: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson dies at 47 after a terrible stunt attempted failed”. The source used BBC News label to appear as a legitimate news organisation.
Unfortunately, thousands of fans shared the story on social media. Some even asked the actor on Twitter to confirm if he is dead or not.
But Dwayne, who is one of the highest-paid actors in Hollywood and a former WWE star, did not respond to the death hoax reports, instead updated his Instagram account with a snap of his upcoming Under Armour campaign.
So, for those who are still stressing, The Rock is not dead, he is alive and well.
The ‘Hobbs and Shaw’ actor was previously targeted by a similar hoax in 2011. Dwayne debunked the death hoax on Facebook back then. Then in 2014, Dwayne faced another hoax claiming the actor died while shooting a stunt for Fast & Furious 7.
Just to assure you that The Rock is alive, here are a few things that Dwayne has been up to lately.
- The actor recently completed the shoot for Jumanji: Next Level and is busy promoting the movie.
- He also appeared at UFC 244: Masvidal vs Diaz where he presented the winner of the main event, Jorge Masvidal with the BMF belt.
- Dwayne is also producing an MMA film about mixed martial arts fighter, Mark ‘The Smashing Machine’ Kerr.
Meanwhile, two months ago, Briefly.co.za reported that celebrated actor, Dwayne Johnson, popularly known as The Rock, cut short his dreamy honeymoon to focus on his injured friend and fellow actor, Kevin Hart.
44-year-old comedian Kevin Hart is still recuperating after suffering injuries in a horrific car crash. He was the passenger in a classic Plymouth Barracuda driving along the Malibu's Mulholland Highway when the car plummeted off the highway and landed in a ditch.
From photos doing rounds on social media, the vehicle was totally wrecked with the roof part unrecognisable.
With his worldwide fans taking to social media with messages of goodwill and quick recovery, The Rock went a step further by heading home mid-honeymoon for the sake of Hart.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!