- President Ramaphosa has received gifts from all over the world for his 67th birthday
- The SA leader had people getting creative with what they give him on his special day
- Some of the presents included a mixed variety, from socks to glasses and bamboo
President Ramaphosa is having his birthday celebrations today as he turned 67, and the world wishes him a great day.
Those who had to send him something special on his big day had to get creative with what they give him. After all, what do you get the president of a country?
Briefly.co.za gathered that Ramaphosa has received some...interesting gifts from well-wishers all across the globe.
Here's a quick look at some of the presents that made their way to the president:
- Miracle cream - from DGPR Productions
- A picture of an antelope with a frame- from Stud Game Breeders
- The Great South African Cookbook from The Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory
- A vase filled with bamboo - from the Chinese government
- Two water glasses - from Rhodes University
- A wood-crafted fish - from the President of Madagascar
- Nuts and fruit - from Rahil and Anisa Shahid
- Socks - from Sibusiso Ngwenya
- Cuban Cigars: - from the Cuban Embassy and one from John Steenhuisen
Meanwhile, Transport Minister, Fikile Mbalula, joked that he realized now why his request to skip November and jump right into December was ignored when he sent Ramaphosa his wishes.
Instead, the pragmatic politician asked for an extension, making the festive season a month longer as he poked fun at his comrade.
It was worth a shot, right?
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!