- Andile Mngxitama claims that both the EFF and its leader Julius Malema steal from the poor
- This follows a report allegedly detailing how funds were moved from VBS to accounts controlled by Malema
- Mngxitama wants the party and those involved to just confess their alleged crimes
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
Andile Mngxitama has published a thinly veiled rant aimed at the Economic Freedom Fighters and its leader.
The leader of the failed BLF party claims the Red Berets 'steal from the poor and eat their money', daring them to clear their names once and for all.
Briefly.co.za reported that a recent investigation claimed to have knowledge of how loot was moved from the defunct VBS Mutual Bank to Malema's control.
READ ALSO: Malema claims info used in fresh VBS report was illegally obtained
In his tirade, Mngxitama challenged the "Mazzotti boys" to take the media on over the claims. He puts forward that the EFF only has the following options:
- "Sue the newspapers for lying. Why not? I mean they did sue their own members recently."
- "Take the newspaper to the Press Ombudsman for writing lies about them."
- "Come out and confess, and also ask for forgiveness for collapsing VBS for cars and houses. VBS was the only black bank we ever had."
Malema had denied the claims contained in the report, but tellingly claimed that the information used was illegally obtained by Sunday Times journalists.
Meanwhile, Mngxitama's own party was recently deregistered for indicating that races other than black citizens were not welcome in BLF ranks. Andile had unsuccessfully attempted to appeal the court ruling.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!