- Johannesburg's new mayor, Geoff Makhubo, has announced his new team
- Many people were surprised to find out that he included members from other parties
- Mayor Makhubo has many plans for Johannesburg and will address the city's many problems
Newly elected mayor of Johannesburg, Geoff Makhubo, has big plans for fixing the city's many issues and sorting out problems.
Along with his new team, the mayor will hit the ground running, according to a report by News24.
Mayor Makhubo has included other party members in his team, to the surprise of many. This includes members from AIC (African Independent Congress), PA (Patriotic Alliance), IFP (Inkatha Freedom Party) and COPE (Congress of the People), Briefly.co.za gathered.
While Makhubo knows there are many problems, he hopes to take the City of Johannesburg to the next level.
"Service delivery has almost ground to a halt and the finances of the City are not in a good state
"Unfortunately, time is not on our side. Eighteen months is not a long time. So, we must get down to work immediately. The people of Johannesburg deserve services."
Here are the members of Makhubo's team:
- Transport: Nonhlanhla Makhuba (IFP)
- Development Planning: Jay Maharaj (Cope)
- Economic Development: Lloyd Philips (PA)
- Housing: Mlungisi Mabaso (IFP)
- Community Development: Margret Arnolds (AIC)
- Finance: Jolidee Matongo
- Health and Social Development: Eunice Mgcina
- Environment, Infrastructure Services: Mpho Moerane
- Corporate and Shared Services: Loyiso Masuku
- Public Safety: Mally Mokoena
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!