- The announcement that Isidingo: The Need was coming to an end was a shock to the entire country
- The SABC said it had to cancel the popular soapie due to low ratings and a shortage of funds
- Briefly.co.za takes a look back at some of Isidingo: The Need's highlights of 2019
Briefly.co.za reported that Isidingo: The Need got canned this year after 21 years on Mzansi screens.
This decision is due to the current financial troubles that the SABC is facing.
We rounded up some of the soapie's biggest highlights of the year to help begin to say goodbye.
1. Cherel's return
Cherel de Villiers-Haines-Le Roux-Holmes returned to Isidingo: The Need with a vengeance for the soap's 21st anniversary.
Actress Michelle Botes played the hell out of the scheming character.
2. Weza Solange played the character of a Ghanaian immigrant on the show
Angolan model and TV personality, Weza Solange, joined the soapie. She played the character of a Ghanaian immigrant, echoing the story of so many foreign nationals in SA.
3. Sechaba and Phindile's relationship threatened by pregnancy news
Lovebirds Sechaba and Phindile finally got engaged. However, Sechaba's ex Palesa came knocking on his door with the news that she is pregnant and the baby is his.
4. Katherine Kelly Lang guest-starred on the much-loved soap
The Bold And The Beautiful star, Katherine Kelly Lang, made an appearance in two episodes of Isidingo.
5. Gabriel was killed off
Fans were beside themselves when Aubrey Poo's character, Gabriel Mothusi, was killed off.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!