Whenever South Africa and New Zealand clash in a rugby match there will always be comparisons drawn, ever since that fateful day in 1995.
Briefly.co.za with the help of Sport24 put this list together of 14 facts and stats between The All Blacks and Springboks.
- 331 Test caps between the two teams starting line-ups
- 102 Caps for backline and 229 among the forwards with 136 caps for replacements
- 15 average caps per backline player and 29 for the forwards with 17 for the bench-warmers
- 26 is the average age for the starting XV
- 9 points is what Elton Jantjies needs to score to reach 200
- 12 points is what separate Handré Pollard from 200
- 18 Tests matches, that is the amount of time Steven Kitshoff has been a substitute
- 1 number of caps Wilco Louw will earn, making his debut if he leaves the bench
- 13-5 was the score between the All Blacks and the Springboks after their first match at Newlands on 1 September 1928
- 8 more Test matches played between these two teams at Newlands, the oldest rugby stadium in South Africa, over an 80 year history
- 10th test match against New Zealand at this venue
- 33% win record for South Africa against New Zealand for the previous 9 matches with an average score: 10-14
- 67% win record for New Zealand at Newlands
- 37% win record overall for the Springboks against the All Blacks
- READ ALSO: Is this cop drunk, sleeping or both?
There is a long history between these two teams, with South Africa having to prove a lot, to themselves and the country, after suffering the greatest ever defeat in Springbok history.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.