Kylian Mbappe has been named the most valuable player in the world. Unsurprisingly, the youngster remains one of the most sought-after players in Europe.
The Paris Saint-Germain striker has started off from where he stopped last season, scoring 18 goals in all competitions in the 2019/20 campaign.
Liverpool and Real Madrid have been linked with the French international. The World Cup winner is currently the most valuable player in the market with an estimated value of around R4.2 billion.
CIES Football Observatory has taken a look at the most valuable players in the top five leagues in Europe including La Liga, Premier League, Ligue 1, Bundesliga and Serie A.
Here are the top 15 most valuable players in the world
15. James Maddison ( Leicester ) - £96m (R1.7 billion)
14. Roberto Firmino (Liverpool) - £95m (R1.7 billion)
13. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) - £94m (R1.7 billion)
12. Richarlison ( Everton ) - £89m (R1.6 billion)
11. Tammy Abraham ( Chelsea ) - £88m (R1.6 billion)
10. Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan) - £99m (R1.8 billion)
9. Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona) - £105m (1.90 billion)
8. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) - £107m (R1.95 billion)
7. Marcus Rashford (Man Utd) - £114m (R2.1 billion)
6. Harry Kane ( Tottenham ) - £129m(R2.4 billion)
5. Sadio Mane (Liverpool) - £132m (R2.4 billion)
4. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund) - £144m (R2.6 billion)
3. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) - £150m (R2.7 billion)
2. Raheem Sterling (Man City) - £190m (R3.5 billion)
1. Kylian Mbappe (PSG) - £226m (R4.2 billion)
Meanwhile, Chelsea players' wages have been released and it was discovered that the Stamford Bridge outfit is one of the highest paying big clubs.
According to a report released by Spotrac, Kepa Arrizabalaga and N'Golo Kante are the club's highest-paid players.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!