- At a time Prince Harry and Megan Markle's resignation as senior members of the royal family is generating controversy, the Duchess of Cambridge is a year older
- Kate Middleton clocked 38 years on Thursday, January 9, and her family members were present to celebrate with her
- Recall that the decision by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex generated controversy in the royal family
- Oprah Winfrey was said to have advised Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on their decision
- But the American media executive and philanthropist denied this, saying the Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not need her help in making decisions
The family of Kate Middleton arrived at Kensington Palace for her 38th birthday celebration at a time Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's resignation as senior members of the royal family is generating controversy.
Michael Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge's father, was photographed driving into the grounds in order to join his daughter celebrate her birthday, Daily Mail reports.
Briefly.co.za gathers that Kate Middleton, was also pictured arriving at the home she shares with Prince William and their children.
To mark the Duchess of Cambridge's 38th birthday, the Queen, Prince Philip, Charles and Camilla specifically chose a series of pictures of Kate with high-ranking royals.
Earlier, Briefly.co.za reported Prince Harry was set to meet with Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles and his brother, Prince William.
The meeting, which reportedly took place on Monday, was to try and find solutions to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's recent exit announcement.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!