- A bright young lady, Thembeka, has managed to secure a spot in a private Curro school
- However, her mother is a domestic worker and can't afford the outstanding fees
- Thembeka dreams of one day becoming a cardiologist and needs Mzansi's help to succeed
The Angel Network has created a crowdfunding page for an inspiring young woman who was simply identified as Thembeka.
Thembeka wants to study towards becoming a cardiologist and she has already managed to get a 40% bursary at a private school, Curro.
However, with only a portion of the school tuition costs covered, her domestic worker mother needs to come up with the remaining R48 000 for fees and stationary.
"Thembeka is an inspirational young lady with big dreams. She attended Clarence Primary Government School, whilst she lived at her mother’s place of work. Her mother is a domestic worker and has worked hard to try give Thembeka the best opportunities in life," the backabuddy page reads.
When Thembeka was in Grade 7, she applied to a private Curro school and was accepted. The top school offered her a 40% reduction scholarship after seeing her excellent school marks.
According to the Angel Network, "Thembeka is a powerful performer and writer and has a talent that commands the room."
Her passion for helping other people led Thembeka to dream of becoming a cardiologist. Briefly.co.za learned she is currently trying to study using an old cellphone to read her e-book school material.
"We would really love to try help make her road to success a little easier," the Angel Network added.
The network is trying to raise R50 000 and the funds will go towards:
- Laptop or tablet to study school work curriculum.
- Stationary and textbooks - approx R 7000
- School fees assistance. Thembeka’s bursary currently allows for a 40% reduction in annual fees. Her mom is having to cover the balance of R40 800.
If you want to donate towards Thembeka's education, click on the BackaBuddy link here.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!