- A video has gone viral on Mzansi social media showing a community connecting their homes to an electricity box
- No safety precautions were taken and the wires were left exposed to the weather elements
- South Africans were shocked by the footage and they expressed their views online
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
A video was posted online showing a community bridging their electricity at the electrical box without any concern for their safety.
A social media user, @bozzie_t, shared the video online and captioned it:
"When connecting to the grid takes a literal meaning."
READ ALSO: Ronwen Williams signs 4-and-half-year SuperSport United deal
The video gathered 8 300 views since it had been posted online and Briefly.co.za took a look at some of the comments it generated.
Twitter user, @maboatm, commented:
"This is a disaster waiting to happen! What's even worse is that there is no way the authorities have not seen this but they choose to do nothing about it."
Another tweep, @Vlanga1, added:
"That is a ticking time bomb yoh."
One social media user, @vmona31, joked:
"Wasted ability. These are the sort of technicians Eskom could really do with."
Twitter user, @M_Nomadwayi, wrote:
"Goodness me this is shocking."
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!