Do you want to win a tender? Tenders have become a preferred way of growing the portfolio of any business-focused organization. It is for this reason that keen investors hardly keep their focus away from a stream of SA tenders and contracts. Luckily, both government and non-governmental institutions are potential agencies of well-paying tenders in South Africa. What do I need to apply for tenders in South Africa?
SA tenders are unlimited for organizations that seek to balloon their income speedily. While most of these tenders entail supplying goods for an agreed pay, others involve working on a contractual basis. Some interested parties often fail to access tenders as soon as they are released because they pay attention in all the wrong places. Therefore, knowing when and where to find tenders is mandatory in the tendering process.
READ ALSO: How to tender in 2019?
How do you find tenders and how do tenders work?
Are you still struggling with how to find tenders in South Africa? Rest easy because it is now way more straightforward to spot public sector contracts by continually implementing any of the following strategies:
- Keep checking the legitimate government tender bulletin frequently to see new releases.
- Closely follow up several contract notices that are regularly published on trade magazines as well as dailies and other newspapers.
- Thoroughly and keenly investigate department websites, company portals, as well as other mainstream online directories, to see tender notices.
- Access and subscribe to online tenders notification services to ensure that you are the first person to know when a tender is advertised so that you can apply before others and be considered first.
Once you are sure that a tender that is relevant to your line of business, make sure you can perfectly perform the job.
How do I find private and government tenders South Africa?
You can now flexibly get free online tenders in South Africa, thanks to the notification service. This option is prevalent because it will not only find tenders SA for you but also classifies them, allowing you to apply for the most relevant depending on your area of specialization.
How do I get free tenders online?
Take advantage of the internet and access hundreds of tenders published daily and weekly. You can do so by starting with corporate portals before exploring tendering monitor website. Even better, you can subscribe for routine updates to make sure you do not skip an update.
South African government tenders
The government tender bulletin is one of the most competitive ways of accessing tenders in the country. The site is particularly resourceful in accessing the latest tenders that the government has to offer. The website is also handy because it provides customized search features to enable you to access and apply for the most appropriate tender. Visitors can now search for tenders using the following alternatives:
- Keyword name search
- Document type searching
- Subject search
- Start and end date search
Tenders published on the eTender page include but are not limited to the following fundamental departments of the government.
- National and Provincial Departments
- District Municipalities
- Local Municipalities
- Municipal Entities
- All Public Entities
- State-Owned Enterprises
- Constitutional Bodies
The eTender Publication Portal is a common platform for institutional award notices, corrigendum, and other tendering activities. If you are looking for cost-free access to the public sector tender opportunities in South Africa, then the tendering portal is the way to go.
Should you bid for a contract?
Applying for tenders is a demanding procedure that entails resources as well as time. It is therefore recommended not to spend so many resources in your application. We have provided a few considerations to help you determine which tenders are worth bidding.
- Make sure you tick all the minimum skills and technical requirements.
- Ascertain the probable cost of preparing a bid.
- Keenly evaluate all bid documents.
- Before anything else, forecast the costs of delivering the contract to assess the viability.
- Assess the effect of the tender on your work and the opportunity cost against other alternatives.
- Consider the standing of the other party and how the contract will likely impact your company.
Applying for tenders in South Africa
How do you win a contract? After carefully evaluating tender documentation, it is time to reflect on its compilation and submission before the deadline expires. You will need the following items to qualify;
- The bid. This is a write-up proving your willingness to adhere to the T&C's of the tender.
- The tax clearance requirement. For you to bid, your taxes must be in place and the only proof is to have a tax clearance certificate from SARS.
- Price and motivation. Here, you justify why your price is competitive by explaining how you will satisfactory meet the demands of the tender.
- A declaration of interest. In this document, you are to say whether or not you are related to any government employee, to avoid corruption through unjust awarding of tenders.
- A preference certificate. This is significant even in cases when you are not demanding any of the preference points.
- The contact forms. Basically, this is the contract which binds the parties if you successfully win a tender.
These are some of the tender documents, although it is important to understand that all tenders are unique, customized by the institutions offering them. Even so, their application and award processes are almost the same as provided in their documentation.
READ ALSO: 10 tips on passport renewal in South Africa 2020
You do not want to miss a tender because your compilation and handing in was not on time. Ensure that you stay informed on tenders in South Africa at all times by regularly checking on dailies and eTender portals. Even better, evaluate your tender submissions beforehand to make sure that they are economical and achievable if awarded. Have you tried the above steps and it worked? Share your experience in the comment section below.
- How to get a tax clearance certificate in 2019?
- 75 small business ideas in South Africa that actually work in 2020
- How to make money fast in South Africa in 2020?
- All you need to know about last will and testament South Africa
- 10 points lease agreement South Africa must contain 2019