- The Isidingo crew filmed the last scenes last Friday
- Dumisani aka Ambassador Mayekiso expressed how sad the whole crew was that they had reached the end
- The last ever episode will air in March and fans will be sure to shed a tear or two
The local SABC soap Isidingo, came to an end when they filmed the last scene on Friday. This means that all the actors and crew members are now looking for new jobs.
Dumisani Mbebe who played Ambassador Mayekiso told how sadden everyone was to see it come to an end. He also said that the SABC did not recommission the show and it is still not clear as to why.
Briefly.co.za learnt that Dumisani went on to say that it is not only the cast and crew that will be affected by this but family members as well, which makes it a large number of people that will now feel the effects of the show no longer been broadcasted. Dumisani also stated that as actors, they delivered their part playing the characters as best they could.
Dumisani also said, that been a freelancer it is nothing new to him, as sad as it is this happens in the filming industry. He finished up his scenes on Thursday before the official last day which was Friday.
According to Dumisani, they were given the news late last year. He said that seeing the sadness of his colleagues’ faces was a hard pill to swallow, but that he is sure they saw the same sad face when they looked at him. The fact that the situation at Isidingo was highly publicised, the directors and producers knew where they stood and Dumisani wished everyone the best and hoped they would all be able to get jobs soon.
With the show officially been canned from SABC, the very last episode will be aired on 12 March 2020. The channel did release a statement in which they said that the show after 21 years been on the air, was not receiving the numbers they needed and showed a poor audience rating.
Motlatsi Mafatshe was part of the team of Isidingo for 10 years playing the character Sechaba Moloi-Matabane. He commented that it is truly an end of an era, but these things happen. Motlatsi said that he was the only one from the old cast and so leaving the show for him is very difficult. He is positive about the future and said he is looking forward to what the new year will bring for everyone. He stated that this is the time for growth, change and expansion!
With the determination and confidence, Motlatsi has, he says they all have the strength of mind to keep their heads held high. He believes they all know their worth and will only be an asset to any production they become part of. He proudly said that all of them have so much to offer the industry.
Motlatsi is grateful, as him and a few of the others have already started on their next productions. He has started shooting a series for SABC2.
The cast and crew are hoping to have a get-together on Monday just to have some fun for old times’ sake.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!