Women with power and influence is something that you do not see every day. A woman who is a legend in her craft and line of work is a source of inspiration for younger ladies. Holland Taylor is such a woman; strong, assertive, and with a special talent. She has gunned her acting experience through many diverse roles throughout her acting career. She is also a lady who has fully come out to embrace her sexuality, and she continues to love and support her spouse.
When it comes to acting, Holland finds pleasure in all the roles she takes on. She immerses herself to become the character she plays. It does not come as a shock that she has several award nominations and an Emmy Award in her collection.
Holland Taylor profile summary
- Full name: Holland Virginia Taylor
- Nickname: Penny Taylor
- Place of birth: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- Date of birth: 14 January 1943
- Age: 77 years
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5 feet 4 inches
- Nationality: American
- Spouse: Sarah Paulson
- Profession: Actress, playwright
- Net worth: $18 million
- Instagram: @hollandvtaylor
Holland Taylor early life
Holland Taylor birthday is 14 January 1943. She was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A to C. Tracy Taylor, an attorney, and Virginia Davis, a painter. She is the last born of three daughters, and her two sisters are Patricia and Pamela. Virginia attended Westtown School, a Quaker boarding school located in West Chester, Pennsylvania. For her higher education, she went to Bennington College, where she graduated in 1964. In 2005, she graduated from the University of Santa Monica where she received a Master’s Degree in Spiritual Psychology. Holland Taylor age is currently 77 years old.
Who is Holland Taylor spouse?
There are successful relationships with age differences of more than twenty years. Holland Taylor and Sarah Paulson are such an example, with an age difference of thirty-two years. Holland Taylor dating history is not well known as she had kept it very private until recently when she came out to confirm her dating rumors with Sarah. The two have been together since 2015 and are still going strong.
Holland Taylor Career
Holland began her career in theatre in the 1960s. She has taken up roles on Broadway and off-Broadway roles such as The Devils, Butley, We Interrupt This Program..., The Poker Session, The David Show, Tonight in Living Color, and Colette. She also wrote and played in the play Ann, which was based on a true story, and it earned a Tony Awards nomination.
Holland Taylor movies
Taylor has starred in many films, television series, and theatre. Here are some of her most known roles:
- 1997 - George of the Jungle as Beatrice Stanhope
- 1998 - Next Stop Wonderland as Piper Castleton
- 2001 - Legally Blonde as Professor Stromwell
- 2002 - Cinderella II: Dreams Come True as Prudence (Voiceover)
- 2002 - Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams as Grandma Helga Avellan
- 2003 - Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over as Grandma Helga Avellan
- 2020 - To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You as Stormy
- 1980–1981 - Bosom Buddies as Ruth Dunbar
- 1998–2003 - The Practice as Judge Roberta Kittleson
- 2003–2015 - Two and a Half Men as Evelyn Harper
- 2012 - Electric City as Ruth Orwell (voiceover)
- 2017–present - Mr. Mercedes as Ida Silver
Holland Taylor awards and nominations
Holland has acquired several accolades in her acting career. In 1999, she won the Emmy Award for the best supporting actress in a drama series. She also has six Emmy and one Tony Awards nominations throughout her acting career, which has made her a top actress in the industry.
Holland Taylor net worth
Holland’s net worth is believed to be $18 million. Most of her wealth is accumulated from her acting career.
Holland Taylor is a woman who is a perfect definition of aging gracefully. She continues to entertain her large stream of fans and is a role model to many others.