Within a few years, WhatsApp has come to be among the most used instant messaging apps. Every year, they keep rolling out new updates and features to satisfy their users. Lately, they have come up with the idea of a better dark mode for Android and iOS users. This latest WhatsApp dark mode addition is a good step for the technology firm. They also showed their excitement about the dark mode feature on their blog. Here is all you need to know about how to activate the new feature.
The new dark mode on WhatsApp Android and iPhone WhatsApp is a feature that has come with full force in the last few weeks. The developers made it clear that the dark mode WhatsApp will help users from straining their eyes when they find themselves in environments with low light. In that case, users do not have to worry about having their phone light shine all around the room. This new dark wallpapers feature is available on the new version of Whatsapp.
Basic guidelines to enable and set the dark mode in WhatsApp apk
In this new WhatsApp update, the tech firm paid close attention to two crucial areas. The first is the readability feature of using colours next to iOS and Android phones system defaults. The second one is information hierarchy, which applies colour together with a few design features to help users pay attention to vital information.
With the new version, users can activate the dark mode on their phones. It is intended to help improve the outlook of the app and also check against any visual impediment in the future. Android 10 and iOS users have the advantage of getting the dark mode automatically enabled on the WhatsApp app once the dark mode is turned on the phone system settings.
How do I change my theme on WhatsApp?
To get this feature working on your phone, here are necessary steps to take:
- The first thing you should do is to get the GB WhatsApp latest version downloaded on your device. To achieve this, simply go to http //www.whatsapp.com/android/ and install it from there.
- After that, open your app to where you can see the contacts and all the conversations.
- At the top of the screen, you will see three dots. Click there and then choose “More settings".
- From there, choose Themes and then Load.
- At this stage, it is important to download a theme that will help stimulate the dark mode feature. The dark theme is the most preferred colour.
- Finally, click the “Upload” option and choose the images that you searched for. It will be loaded automatically.
With this done, the dark background is set on your app.
Dark mode WhatsApp for desktop
Interestingly, there will also be a dark mode update for the desktop. Mahesh B Wijerathna, a developer, made the discovery while going through the CSS of the WhatsApp website. Though it is not updated yet on the WhatsApp.web, users will be able to create a comparable effect if they use a free plugin, Stylus, for Firefox and Whatsapp chrome.
Many users have been asking why the dark mode WhatsApp web desktop was not released at the same time with the ones for Android and iPhone. The question is left for the developers to answer concerning the WhatsApp desktop. However, we all hope that the web dark version will be available very soon so all users worldwide can enjoy the new feature.
Basic Steps to how to change WhatsApp colour
How do I change my WhatsApp theme to dark? If you wish to know how to change your WhatsApp chat background to any colour of your choice, you need to follow the steps below. Interestingly, the steps are easy, and you will be amazed at how you can customise your WhatsApp background to a colour that you can choose from WhatsApp settings without stress.
- Open the WhatsApp apk on your Android or iPhone device.
- Go to touch settings.
- Then, click on Touch Chats under the setting.
- Afterwards, click on chat wallpaper, and you will find wallpaper or photos in some cases.
- Choose the wallpaper library.
- Choose photos to enable you to upload a photo from your gallery.
- Click on reset wallpaper.
- Then, pick the colour that you want for your app.
Features of WhatsApp Plus for colours
The following are the distinguishing features that WhatsApp Plus has as far as colours are concerned:
- You can change the anti-ban element to other colours.
- You can enable and disable the ticks to other colours.
The WhatsApp dark mode has a lot of benefits to all users. Often, people complain of fatigue resulting from exposure to the light from the app. But then, this new feature offers the solution to that complaint. So, you can unlock the mode right away and enjoy the best of your instant messaging app. Feel free to share with us your opinion about the new feature in the comments section below.