Junior Singo is a familiar face on South African television screens. He is best known for his appearances in shows such as Zabalaza and Generations as well as the 2003 film, Beat the Drum. Besides acting, Singo also has a budding music career. What do you know about this soft-spoken and bubbly actor beyond his career? Here is all you need to know.
There is barely any verifiable information regarding Junior Singo age. His acting career was influenced by his mother, Carol Oliphant, who is an art director. She encouraged him to audition for one of his famous roles as Themba in the television series, Hopeville. The renowned actor hails from the Soweto Township in South Africa.
- Date of birth: Unknown
- Place of birth: Chiawelo, Soweto, South Africa
- Mother: Carol Oliphant
- Wife: Lusanda Mtongana
- Children: Ayamah
- Profession: Actor, Musician
Who is Junior Singo?
Junior was born in Chawelo. He later moved to Protea Glen where he records to have spent most of his childhood. His mother is an art director and is the main force and source of influence in his acting career.
Junior Singo acting career
Singo became part of South Africa’s vast entertainment industry at a very young age. Since then, his career has continued to flourish with every appearance in a film or a TV show.
Junior Singo movies and some of his best-known roles are Mpho from Generations and Musa in Beat the Drum, where he played alongside the renowned Dineo Nchabeleng.
Here is a look at other roles played by the prolific actor.
- 4 Hours: As the Bookkeeper
- 4Play: Sex Tips for Girls: As Buhle
- eKasi: Our Stories: As Kholo
- Hopeville: As Themba Manyani
- Intersexions: As Shorty
- isiPantsula: As Tshepo
- Rhythm City: As Sakhile
- Thola: As Brains James
- Zabalaza: As Qiniso
- Zone 14: As a player
- The Good Provider: As Jabu Sithole
- The Wooden Camera: As Madiba
- Red Dust: As Sipho
- Beat the Drum: Musa
- Dredd: As Amos
Who is Junior Singo wife?
Singo has been in a relationship with the beautiful Lusanda Mtongana. The two occasionally share romantic photos on Instagram.
What is the name of Junior Singo daughter?
The actor has a beautiful daughter known as Ayamah, and is he is very proud of her.
Quick facts about the actor
Here are some interesting facts about the renowned South African actor and musician.
- Besides acting, he has a passion for music.
- He rose to stardom after his role in the 2002 film, Beat the Drum.
- He was inspired by the likes of Themba Ndaba, Vusi Kunene, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- He won the Best Actor Award at the Newport Beach Film Festival in California.
- He won the Monaco International Film Festival Best Newcomer Award for his role in the film, Beat the Drum.
- His oldest character on a television series was Shorty on Intersexions.
Junior Singo is undoubtedly a talented actor judging by his numerous appearances in television shows and films. Having joined the country’s entertainment industry at a relatively young age, Singo has become a familiar face to many South Africans. It will be great to see how he balances his growing music career with his acting roles.