- DStv Mzansi Viewers' Choice Awards steamed up The Dome in Jozi on Saturday
- While not everyone walked away a winner, the night was saw SA stars shining bright
- Briefly.co.za takes a look at who won what as well as who slayed on the red carpet
South Africans around the country watched in awe as the DStv Mzansi Viewers' Choice Awards took over social media.
The celebration of the best Mzansi had to offer during 2019 saw the nation's favs strutting their stuff.
Ukhozi FM VJ Khathide Ngobe bagged the Favourite Radio Personality award as well as the Ultimate Viewers' Choice Award for securing the most votes.
Some other winners included:
- Moshe Ndiki (Favourite TV Presenter)
- Siyanda Maphumulo (Favourite Comedian)
- Kabza De Small (Favourite Rising Star; Favourite DJ)
- Warren Masemola (Favourite Actor)
- Sindi Dlathu (Favourite Actress)
- King Monada (Favourite Music Artist/Group)
- Siya Kholisi (Favourite Sports Personality)
- Bonang Matheba (Favourite Personality of the Year)
Makhadzi managed to steal the show with her performance, with many expressing their pride in how she started out performing in taverns and managed to work her way up to the top.
Even Sho Madjozi had to stan as Makhadzi did her thing, commenting:
"Finally the stage you deserve my love!"
Mzansi comedian Lasizwe Dambuza was his usual extra self, revealing that he was pregnant but not in the traditional sense:
"Thank you so much for supporting my pregnancy! I'm happy to let you know I'm pregnant with happiness, wisdom, prosperity and lots of money."
Boity was every inch a goddess in her Orapeleng Modutle Style Avenue gown that did the most to highlight all her best assets.
DJ Zinhle, who recently won a Forbes award for being one of Africa's most influential female entertainers, also rocked the crowd with her iconic performance.
Somizi showed Mzansi how to make avoiding the coronavirus fashionable, donning a face mask that not only kept him safe but matched his outfit.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!