- Ghanaian athlete Ferdie Ato Adoboe holds 4 Guinness World Records and remains the fastest 100m backward runner ever
- The athlete was born and raised in Ghana after which he moved to the US as a soccer player
- Since then, he put up sterling performances on 4 different continents and now has more than 34 years' experience in coaching and teaching
Ferdie Ato Adoboe is a Ghanaian athlete who holds a Guinness World Record as the fastest 100m backward runner ever among three other amazing world records.
In a report by Ghanaianmuseum.com, the amazing Ghanaian athlete has exhibited his talent professionally on four different continents, with 34 years' experience in coaching and teaching.
Ferdie Ato Adoboe was born and raised in Ghana, where he nurtured himself as a soccer player before getting an opportunity to move to the US in 1981.
See a video of Ferdie Ato Adoboe's amazing performance below:
The four Guinness World Records that have been held by the talented Ghanaian athlete are listed below:
1. Fastest Human sprinting backward
100yd /100m dash Backwards in 12.7 and 13.6 sec. respectively at Smith College, Northampton MA 1991.
2. Fastest Juggler in the World
Ferdie Ato Adoboe set the first Guinness World Record for speed juggling at the Fort Lowell Shootout in Tucson, AZ, recording 136 juggles in 30 sec. and 263 in 1minute.
3. A rewrite of speed juggling record in 30 seconds
On August 27, 2003 – Ferdie re-wrote the Guinness Record books in Speed Juggling with 141 juggles in 30 seconds
4. A rewrite of speed juggling record in 1 minute
Ferdie also re-wrote the Guinness Record books in Speed Juggling 266 in 1 minute on The Today Show (NBC) in NYC.
In other news, a Ghanaian health worker who lives in the United States of America (USA) has made a video seriously warning everyone to stay away from hospitals in these times.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!