51-Year-old man who recovered from coronavirus shares his experience

51-Year-old man who recovered from coronavirus shares his experience

- A 51-year-old man identified as Fred Drah has shared his experience after recovering from the coronavirus

- Fred Drah reveals that he contracted the coronavirus from a friend who had travelled abroad

- Drah sat for an interview during which he detailed the experience of contracting and recovering from Covid-19

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

Fred Drah, a 51-year-old man who recovered from the Covid-19 in Ghana, has opened up about the coronavirus after he recovered.

According to Drah, he contracted the virus from a friend who returned to the country from one of the infected countries abroad.

Speaking in an interview with TV3, he revealed that he works at the ports and a friend came to visit him.

''I had a friend who came to visit me. He imported mattresses and we had a chat and ate together. He was coughing by then but I paid less attention,'' he recounted.

Drah reveals that on 17 March, his temperature was above normal and he was rushed to the hospital.

There he was for tested for the coronavirus and the confirmed he had contracted Covid-19.

He said he was transferred to the Ga East Hospital where he was treated till he recovered.

Drah told TV3 that the health workers who attended to him were scared of him.

''I was locked from the outside and I was alone in that big compound. For the first four days. I was there alone.''

Drah recounts he was quarantined and left alone. ''It was between God and myself,'' he said.

READ ALSO: Nando's and Bheki Cele's hilarious exchange online has Saffas laughing out loud

He talked about one patient who was also positive but died as a result of other health complications.

While still undergoing treatment, Drah narrates that a gentleman came in and he was very weak. He also tested positive for diabetes.

''I was told that I had to be sent to a different apartment. The following day, I tried calling my friend many times but he had died.''

Drah’s wife and kids, who joined the interview, urged the public to refrain from stigmatising recovering patients.

According to Drah’s wife, "When people see us, they try to avoid us because we had recorded a case in our home.''

The family expressed gratitude to God for healing their father and husband.

Drah also thanked healthcare workers who attended to him while he was recovering at the Isolation Center.

Watch full video below.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel