- Actress Kgomotso Christopher has explained the production process of soapies to worried viewers
- She said Scandal! has enough pre-filmed episodes to last on screens for some time yet, until June or July
- Fans became worried when most of Mzansi's favourite soapies announced that they were running out of episodes due to the coronavirus lockdown
Award-winning actress Kgomotso Christopher has explained the production process of soapies to concerned fans as more and more shows are being taken off air.
Briefly.co.za has reported that new hit show Gomora and Isibaya will flight their last episodes on Friday night.
Mzansi Magic, DStv channel 161, said Gomora and Isibaya will air the last episodes on 24 April "due to the nationwide lockdown".
Most soapies have stopped production in adherence to Mzansi's lockdown regulations amid the Covid-19 outbreak.
Kgomotso, who played YV/Yvonne on etv's Scandal!, told worried viewers that Scandal! has enough episodes to last until June or July.
She said her fans would get to see her exit on the show, since she has left.
"Every show is different. In simple terms. The episodes you are watching on Scandal, today, were shot in Jan/Feb. But today is April 22. So Scandal shoots 2/3 months in advance. I have left the show but will be on screen until June/July because show pre-recorded. Hope that helps."
One fan asked her whether actors were still going to studio to shoot new episodes amid the current lockdown.
"Nope. All studios and shows stopped shooting when lockdown was announced. Tough times for freelance actors and independent contractors/freelancers. No work. No pay."
Another fan said soapie directors should have used the two days before lockdown to shoot an emergency episode where the cast "end" the storyline by going into an actual lockdown.
"Not possible. Scandal has enough episodes as per the article published today. Doing that would mean an abrupt and illogical conclusion to storylines that are already happening. You will get to see those storylines throughout lockdown. No need. But other shows are running out."
She explained that studios shut down on 26 March and it has been impossible to shoot anything since then.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!