Ernst Middendorp is a professional football coach whose career has spanned three continents for over 20 years. He is a master strategist who is well known for his ability to read the game and come up with creative ideas that rarely seem apparent, but his team enjoys the winning edge.
One of the most proven strengths of Ernst Middendorp is his ability to manage a club in crisis. He has a record of taking several teams from the brink of relegation to a safe position. In his early career as a coach, Middendorp took DSC Armenia Bielefeld, a German football club, from the third division to the first in Bundesliga over three consecutive years. This accomplishment earned him the title of the Trainer of the Century from the Bielefeld supporters.
Ernst Middendorp biography
Below is Ernst Middendorp profile summary:
- First name: Ernst
- Last name: Middendorp
- Gender: Male
- Nationality: Germany
- Date of birth: 28th October 1958
- Age: 61 years
- Place of birth: Freren, Germany
- Nationality: German
- Occupation: Football coach
- Preferred formation: 4-2-3-1
- Coaching license: Head coach
- Club: Kaizer Chiefs F. C
- Education: University of Bielefeld
Where is Ernst Middendorp from?
Ernst Middendorp was born in Freren, Emsland district, in Germany on 28th October 1958. He is 62 years as of 2020.
Who is Ernst Middendorp wife?
Middendorp met his wife Bronwyn, a South African kinesiologist, in 2005. They tied the knot in 2010. Ernst separated from his ex-wife in 2000, and it was until 2009 that the two got a divorce. He commented in an interview, “It took years. Divorce is a very expensive business these days.”
Ernst Middendorp qualifications
- UEFA Pro License (Diplom Fussball-Lehrer) License no: FL001808
- Communication and Management
- Degree in Special Economics - Computer Studies
- System Analyst
- Degree in Economics, Politics, History
Ernst Middendorp teams coached
- South Africa: Kaizer Chiefs Football Club, Maritzburg United Football Club, Free State Stars Football Club. Chippa United Football Club, Bloemfontein Celtic Football Club, Lamontville Golden Arrows Football Club, Kaizer Chiefs Football Club
- Germany: VFL Bochum, KFC Uerdingen, FC Augsburg, DSC Arminia Bielefeld
- Ghana: Hearts of Oak Accra, Asante Kotoko Kumasi
- Thailand: Bangkok United FC
- Cyprus: Anorthosis Famagusta Football Club
- China: Changchun Yatai Football Club
- Iran: Tractorsazy Tabriz
Ernst Middendorp achievements
Ernst Middendorp coached a South African Castle Premiership team, Kaizer Chiefs, from the beginning of the 2005/2006 season up to March 2007. He then came back to Kaizer Chiefs in 2018, where he coaches up to date. Ernst Middendorp record at Chiefs begun at the start of the 2006/2007 season, where he guided the club to the SAA Supa 8 trophy. The Kaizer Chiefs won against Supersport United in the final.
Ernst Middendorp trophies include the two major cups with Kaizer Chiefs: the 2006 Absa Cup (the current Telkom Knockout) and the 2006 SAA Supa8. He was Kaizer Chiefs coach when the team beat Manchester United in the final to win the 2006 Vodacom Challenge. Ernst coached Shaun Bartlett and Arthur Zwane when he was at Kaizer Chiefs in 2006. Shaun is his assistant at Chiefs, while Arthur is in charge of the reverse side. Among the Ernst Middendorp cups won is the latest Shell Helix Ultra Cup in 2019.
After leaving Chiefs, Middendorp became the coach of Germany’s Bundesliga side, Arminia Bielefeld, in March 2007, where he saved the club from relegation. Arminia Bielefeld was in position 18 by the time Ernst took over, and it ended the season in 12th. He took Siyabonga Nkosi, Rowen Fernandez, and Glamour Boys to Bielefeld for the 2007/2006 season. While at Bloemfontein Celtic, he discovered Dumsani Zuma and steered him to the PSL. Ernst Middendorp salary has not been made available to the public.
Who is the owner of Kaizer Chiefs?
Kaizer Chiefs F.C is a professional football club based in Naturena, Johannesburg, in South Africa. It was founded in January 1970 by Kaizer "Chincha Guluva" Motaung after his return from the United States, where he played as a striker for the Atlanta Chiefs of the North American Soccer League (NASL). To come up with the name Kaizer Chiefs, he combined his first name with that of his previous club. Several other people have played significant roles in the formation and growth of the club, including the Gilbert Sekgabi, China Ngema, Ewert "The Lip" Nene, Clarence Mlokoti, and Rabelani Jan Mofokeng.
What is Kaizer Chiefs coach?
Ernst Middendorp is Kaizer Chiefs new coach since his return to the club in 2018. He was the club’s coach from the beginning of the 2005/2006 season up to March 2007.
Who is Orlando Pirates coach?
Josef Zinnbauer is the head coach of Orlando Pirates F.C, and the assistant coach is Fadlu Davids. Josef is a German tactician who has played and coached in the Bundesliga but is better known as a reserve team coach.
Ernst Middendorp is renowned for a keen eye in spotting new and raw football talent over his career. He has introduced into his well-performing teams over 50 previously unknown players. These players have now developed into full professionals under his watch and frequently sold as key players both locally and internationally.
- Cheslin Kolbe biography: age, height, wife, wedding, salary and Instagram
- Faith Muthambi biography: age, date of birth, family, education background, qualifications and rumoured Ben 10 affair
- Schalk Brits biography: age, measurements, wife, family, education, position, clubs, stats, salary, Instagram and net worth
- Mangosuthu Buthelezi biography: age, children, grandchild, wife, parents, education, quotes, speech and latest news