If you happen to have a soft spot for cookies, this recipe is for you! It is a popular household favorite for most people and an endless classic snack. Interestingly, no one can resist the comfort that a chocolate chip cookie brings. There are many different recipes for this type of cookies, but this chocolate chip cookie recipe is easy to make and it will leave you in awe.
If you have been looking forward to preparing some yummy chocolate chip cookies, look no further. There are some easy cookie recipes with few ingredients that will ensure that you make these snacks from the comfort of your kitchen. The ingredients are easy to find, and the recipe is easy to prepare and less time-consuming.
The best chocolate chip cookies
These snacks are perfect to have with a warm glass of milk. If you have little ones around in the house, this is their ideal snack. At the same time, if you have emergency snack moments, this cookies recipe will work magic for you.
What do you need to prepare chocolate chip cookies?
This easy cookie recipes will guide you on how to prepare cookies that are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The ingredients are easy for anyone to make.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
How do you make easy chocolate chip cookies from scratch?
Below are easy to follow instructions on how to make choc chip cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Microwave the butter for about 40 seconds. The butter should be melted entirely but should not be hot.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter with the sugar until they are well-combined.
4. Stir in the vanilla and the egg until incorporated.
5. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. Mix the dough until just combined. The dough should be soft and a little sticky but not overly sticky.
7. Stir in chocolate chips.
8. Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of the mixture (medium cookie scoop) and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
9. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cookies are set. They will be puffy and still look a little under-baked in the middle.
How do you make cookies from scratch?
The following simple cookie recipe will guide you on how to prepare some delicious homemade snacks.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter with the sugar until well-combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the dough until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of the mixture and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
How does Jamie Oliver make cookies?
Jamie Oliver is a famous chef whose choc chip cookie recipe is exquisite and popular.
- 100 g unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 125 g golden caster sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g self-rising flour
- 1 pinch of fine sea salt
- 100 g quality chocolate, (use a mixture of milk and dark, if you like)
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/325ºF. Line two baking sheets with grease proof paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Crack in the egg, add the vanilla, and mix well. Sift in and fold through the flour and salt. Roughly chop and stir in the chocolate.
- Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls and place onto the lined trays. Cover and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers, then place in the hot oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden (make sure you don’t overdo them – the chewier, the better). Leave to cool completely, and then serve them with a glass of cold milk.
How do you keep cookies soft and chewy?
Most chocolate chip cookies recipe calls for at least one egg. You can try omitting the white of each egg, which tends to dry out when baked. Instead, you could replace it with an additional yolk. This is because egg yolks have more fat than egg whites, which helps to keep them moist and chewy. You can also try using baking powder instead of baking soda.
READ ALSO: 12 easy South African desserts recipes
With the above recipe at hand, rest assured that you will make some of the most amazing snacks. This chocolate chip cookie recipe easy to prepare and make will keep you and your loved ones warm at heart.
- Easy crunchies recipe: South Africa style
- Quick, easy and tasty Kassler chops recipe in South Africa
- How to cook spinach the South African way