Ferguson Films wishes Menzi Ngubane quick recovery after falling ill

Ferguson Films wishes Menzi Ngubane quick recovery after falling ill

- Menzi Ngubane's new employer, Ferguson Films, has wished him a speedy recovery

- The veteran actor has been trending on social media after "fake news" reports of his death and ill health

- Ferguson Films, producers of The Queen, said the star is expected to start filming for the show in July

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

Ferguson Films, the producers of hit telenovela The Queen, have wished veteran actor Menzi Ngubane a quick recovery.

Menzi has been trending on social media since Tuesday - a day Mzansi woke up to the news that he was "critically ill" in hospital.

The actor's fans flooded social media with messages of support and prayers following "inaccurate and unverified news" about his health.

The fans took to Twitter using the hashtag #PrayForMenziNgubane after Ilanga newspaper reported that he had been hospitalised and was in a critical condition.

READ ALSO: 'The River' fans stoked that Lindiwe showed Emma she is the boss

His family has however issued a statement confirming that the star was at home recuperating "after doctors were concerned about his health".

Ferguson Films show runner, Lauren Nell, told TshisaLIVE that Menzi is expected to start filming on The Queen in July.

"We wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming him on set soon. We are keeping him and his family in our prayers."

Menzi, Brenda Ngxoli and Kuli Roberts are some of the stars that recently bagged roles on the show.

Briefly.co.za reported that the actor also slammed "fake news" reports that claimed that he had passed away. A fake eNCA Twitter account "broke" the news that the star had died.

The former Isibaya actor's wife, Sikelelo Sishuba, appealed to Mzansi peeps to refrain from spreading the news about her hubby's ill health.

"The family is also aware that due to the spread of this inaccurate and unverified news, his fans have even gone as far as sending their messages of his speedy recovery on social media, spawning an unwarranted social media panic.
"We understand their concerns and support for Menzi, but as the family, we appeal to South Africans to refrain from spreading news that has not been verified and confirmed by the family."

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel