Mbuyiseni Ndlozi visits torched school and calls out Panyaza Lesufi

Mbuyiseni Ndlozi visits torched school and calls out Panyaza Lesufi

- EFF MP Mbuyiseni Ndlozi visited a school in Evaton township that was torched a few months ago

- The visit was caught on camera and revealed that the school remains in the same state following the arson

- Ndlozi called out Gauteng education MEC Panyaza Lesufi for only visiting the site once and also claimed that schools aren't ready to accept learners during lockdown

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

MP for the Economic Freedom Fighters Mbuyiseni Ndlozi fired some serious shots at Gauteng education MEC Panyaza Lesufi following his visit to Tokelo secondary school in the township of Evaton.

The school was torched a few months ago and Ndlozi's visit highlighted the sorry state of affairs.

Briefly.co.za gathered that no renovations had been done since Lesufi's visit to the school in January.

READ ALSO: Throwback Thursday: Khune shares epic save when Chiefs faced Tottenham

Ndlozi shared the video via Twitter and heavily criticised Lesufi for the lack of progress.

He also questioned how 106 learners at the school would be expected to return to class from Monday.

The outspoken politician also stated that PPE still hadn't been delivered to schools in the area even though they are expected to welcome learners in a few days time.

Ndlozi also mentioned that numerous teachers aren't eligible to teach as they are

The tweet can be seen below.

READ ALSO: Attorney takes on state for hairdressers to open: "They need to eat”

During the video, Ndlozi said, "He was supposed to bring those cameras...as if he's contesting for some Mr South Africa."

The tweet received many responses and Briefly.co.za shared some of the most entertaining ones.

Reitumetse (@tumzaizo) said,

"EFF needs a TV channel where many of our people who don't have access to social media can see how this ANC government they keep voting for keeps screwing them ova n ova again."

Rebecca Molope (@RBKMOL) added,

"Why is this government hides all this difficulties, mistakes & failures? Commissar you're doing a great job,continue to expose their lies they're hiding from the masses."

Takali Maṱodzi (@Takallie) shared a contrasting perspective:

"If I recall very well, Lesufi vowed that that school will not be rebuild by the government since it was rather the striking community that burnt it (I stand to be corrected)."

Previously, Briefly.co.za reported that Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi has announced that a student in his province has contracted Covid-19.

This comes just days before schools across SA are set to reopen for Grade 7 and 12 pupils.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY’s news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Mailfire view pixel