- A top Italian doctor, Alberto Zangrillo, has said that the new coronavirus has become weakened in the country
- Alberto added that it is time for normal life to begin in the country, while the government said that such action could be too hasty
- The government maintained that there is no scientific proof to support what the doctor revealed about the virus
Alberto Zangrillo, an Italian doctor and the head of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan, on Monday, 1 June, said that the new strain of coronavirus is losing its power fast and is not as dangerous as it used to be.
The senior doctor said that “clinically”, the virus is no longer in Italy, a country which was one of the hotbeds of the virus earlier in the year, ABS-CBN reports.
Just as Alberto urged for the country to return back to normal, the government said that it is still too soon to declare victory over the virus as there is not enough scientific evidence.
Sandra said the country should rather continue to tell Italians to maintain caution and practice hygiene, following all the guidelines against the virus.
Another doctor, Matteo Bassetti, said that the effect of the virus is not as strong as it was two months ago in the country, saying the present nature of the virus is quite different.
Meanwhile, earlier Briefly.co.za reported on the latest Covid-19 stats in South Africa. While people all over the country are celebrating the opportunity to be able to buy alcohol again, the Department of Health's latest coronavirus statistics paint a grim picture.
As of Sunday, the 31st of May 2020, South Africa's confirmed Covid-19 cases were 32 683, with 683 deaths.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!