- Jacob Zuma has reportedly broken up with his fiance Nonkanyiso Conco
- The ex-president and the 25-year-old had reportedly called it quits months ago
- Conco had earlier voiced her grievances over being essentially a single mother earlier this year
Former president Jacob Zuma has allegedly separated from his bride-to-be Nonkanyiso Conco.
The Sunday Sun reported that the 78-year-old and his 25-year-old bride to be had gone their separate ways.
Commenting on the situation Conco'd dad Fartescue revealed that his daughter had moved in with her mother, leaving the Zimbali home the ex-president had provided for her.
The estranged father had told the publication that he wished his daughter would return home:
“I wish she’d come back home if Zuma’s no longer able to maintain her."
Conco would have been Zuma's seventh wife, with their relationship first making headlines two years ago.
Briefly.co.za reported that Conco had raised a few eyebrows after complaining that Zuma had very little time to spend with their child together.
In a later interview with Sunday Tribute, the ex-president's lover had cleared the air saying that it was to be expected:
“Any person with common sense would understand that a man who was a head of state and has such a large family wouldn’t have time for things like walking a child to a park, attending doctor’s appointments or just to buy ice cream at a mall every day,” Conco told the Sunday Tribute in February. We all know for a man like Mr Zuma it’s impossible to run family errands every day or to be there for every special day. He missed our son’s first birthday celebration I hosted last year because he was out of the country, but this year could be different. He misses many of our son’s milestones. However, we can’t expect him to be there every day.”
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!