- Siphelele Ntshangase has signed a one-year contract extension with Kaizer Chiefs
- Ntshangase expressed his gratitude to the club for the faith shown in him
- Philani Zulu and Brylon Petersen received identical extensions and the strategy could be linked to the Amakhosi's transfer ban
Previously, Briefly.co.za reported that Kaizer Chiefs officially announced they have signed skilled playmaker Siphelele Ntshangase from Baroka FC.
The initial deal signed was for a period of two-and-a-half years.
However, Ntshangase has signed a one-year contract extension with Kaizer Chiefs and the news was announced on Monday.
The Amakhosi shared the news via Twitter and conveyed Ntshangase's thoughts:
“Foremost, I am emotional about it. I want to thank the Chairman for this opportunity. I want to thank everyone involved in seeing that I can still contribute to this immense institution.”
The tweet can be viewed below.
KickOff.com reported that Philani Zulu and Brylon Petersen were offered identical deals and all were announced on the same day.
The trio haven't been regulars in the Chiefs starting lineup, so the extensions could have been motivated by the FIFA transfer ban.
Briefly.co.za gauged the reaction from fans via social media.
Cortez M (@BlackXhald) said,
"To be honest this guy should be freed his career is being destroyed at chiefs he is a quality my heart is so sore every time I see the team failing him."
Salim (@SalimMathomane) added,
"Transfer ban is doing wonders."
Sankomota & Cass (@LebohangG8) said,
"He must play , please, this is the best news ever, but we want to see him on the pitch, it pains me to see this talent on the bench, y’all must do better . I love Stash so much."
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY’s news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!