- A family in Nigeria called the Ijaiyas has a whopping number of 10 professors
- The professors are in virtually every field of academic study like law, medicine and finance
- Among the professors are people who have held top positions in Nigerian universities
The Ijaiya family is home to 10 professors in different fields. It should be noted that among the professors are former deputy vice-chancellors, deans, and senior academics.
They are also in various Nigerian universities across the federation.
Below, therefore, is a list of the professors and their fields:
1. Prof. Gafar T. Ijaiya (Economics)
2. Prof. Sidikat Ijaiya (Education) (First Female DVC) University Of Ilorin
3. Prof. Mufutau A. Ijaiya (Finance)
4. Prof. Munir. A. Ijaiya (Medicine
5. Prof. Hakeem Ijaiya (Law), University of Ilorin
6. Prof. Waheed Olatinwo (Medicine)
7. Prof. Bayo Lawal (Applied Linguistic /English Education) all in the University of Ilorin
8. Prof. Abdulmojeed T. Ijaiya (Animal Science/Nutrition): FUT MINNA
9. Prof. Najeem Ijaiya (Law): Crescent Uni, Abeokuta
10. Prof. Maruf. K. A Adeboye (Soil Science and Land Management)
Meanwhile, Briefly.co.za earlier reported that despite the fact that parenting could be a very hard task, some people still make it seem perfect in the way they go about it.
A Nigerian-American family has set a new standard in parenting as all their four children became doctors like their father.
This kind of thing could only have been achieved through dedication and a great parenting skill, without leaving out the place of the community that would allow such growth.
The children’s uncle, Herbert Oye, also a doctor, left Nigeria in the 1970s in pursuit of dreams in the US.
He attended medical school and became a vascular surgeon before he moved back to Nigeria to open his hospital. The four Nigerian children who all became doctors are David, Monique, Michele, and Melissa Oye.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!