- The highly-anticipated boxing match between rivals AKA and Cassper Nyovest may be postponed
- This is due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic which has resulted in the ban of social gatherings
- Cassper Nyovest took to social media to express his disappointment at the announcement
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
Fans may have to wait a little longer to see Mzansi's favourite frenemies in the boxing ring. Cassper Nyovest recently responded to reports that boxing may be suspended for the year. The rapper expressed disappointment as this means that his anticipated match with AKA will have to be delayed.
Cassper recently took to Twitter to make his disappointment known after boxing enthusiast Andile Sidinile said Boxing SA must forget about matches happening this year.
According to The Sowetan, the decision is due to trying to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Speaking to the publication, Sidinile said:
“You can't allow boxing to resume because even at the gyms, chances of infections are galore. Boxers train in an enclosed environment compared to rugby or football where players train in an open field.”
This does not bode well for those who were looking forward to the exchange of fists between Mufasa and Supa Mega. The boxing match was set for September but with the way things are looking, that may not be possible. He expressed his disappointment by saying:
“Damn! This sucks!”
AKA was the first to instigate the boxing match. Cassper had initially rejected the offer but ended up agreeing later on.
Meanwhile, Briefly.co.za previously reported that AKA has tested positive for the novel coronavirus. The South African rapper has used the positive diagnosis to spread a message of caution to the Mzansi community.
He urged citizens to be more careful and to adhere to the regulations that have been set to attempt to flatten the curve.
AKA has taken precautions that were stipulated by the government and the World Health Organization. He believes in transparency during this time and will be sharing his journey with the nation while he remains in self-isolation.
READ ALSO: Rami Chuene breaks her silence on working with the Fergusons once more
In other news, Briefly.co.za previously reported that Somizi's bosom buddy, TT Mbha, took to social media to celebrate surviving the coronavirus. The excited businessman announced his recovery on Instagram.
TT, who also stars on Somizi's reality TV show Living the Dream with Somizi, had tested positive on 24 June. The star excitedly revealed that he tested negative on Thursday, 9 July.
The media personality thanked God for helping him survive meningitis a few years ago and now conquering Covid-19. He encouraged others who are infected to have hope as it is possible to defeat the virus.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!