- A man inadvertently set fire to his own apartment as his preparation for his proposal to his girlfriend went totally wrong
- The man reportedly lit hundreds of candles for the romantic gesture
- Unfortunately, the romantic scene turned bizarre when his flat was overwhelmed with flames
A man’s expensive and romantic proposal preparation faced a major draw-back after he accidentally set his own apartment ablaze. The man reportedly lit hundreds of candles for the romantic gesture.
South Yorkshire Fire Service and Rescue Service in England, who responded to distress calls, reported in a post on social media that the incident happened in August.
The service revealed it was caused by a man who left hundreds of tealight candles burning while he left the flat to pick his girlfriend up from work.
Unfortunately, by the time he returned to his flat the entire place was engulfed in flames.
The fire service said in the post:
‘‘Look closely. What do you see? That's right, hundreds of tealight candles! Want to know what happened here? We thought you did. It involves a romantic proposal that didn't quite go to plan, and includes an important lesson around candle use. Let's go!"
In spite of the major setback, the lady said yes to the proposal.
Briefly.co.za previously reported that Ndoni Mcunu posted a video to Twitter using the handle @NdoniMcunu, showing the romantic proposal her fiancé made in front of her parents.
He bends the knee and puts a ring on his fiancée's finger to the applause and delight of the family.
Social media users loved the video, which got over 7 000 likes and over 1 000 comments. This is what they had to say about the video.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!