- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have secretly bought a home in Santa Barbara
- They plan on raising Archie in the quiet community after having lived in Las Angeles since moving to the States
- The couple are keeping the details of their new home a closely-guarded secret
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will soon be moving into the first home they bought themselves. The home is located in Santa Barbara and they plan to settle and raise their boy, Archie, there.
Briefly.co.za learned that after quitting the British royal family, the couple moved to Los Angeles and they had been staying at Tyler Perry's Beverly Hills estate.
A source told the New York Post's Page Six Column:
"Harry and Meghan have been quietly living in their own home in Santa Barbara since early July. They are not houseguests of Oprah or anyone else, they bought this home themselves. This is where they want to continue their lives after leaving the UK.
"This is the first home either of them has ever owned. It has been a very special time for them as a couple and as a family to have complete privacy for six weeks since they moved in.
"They intend to put down their roots in this house and the quiet community, which has considerable privacy. This is where they want to bring Archie up, where they hope he can have as normal a life as possible."
READ ALSO: Covid-19 update: SA records fewer cases, shift to Level 2 possible
Harry, 35, and Meghan, 39, have opted for a quiet community to settle down in, according to IOL.
The sourced continued:
"Harry and Meghan never intended to make Los Angeles their home. It was a good place for them to be upon their arrival in the US to be close to Meghan's mom [who lives in LA]."
So far, details about the couple's home, how much it cost et cetera, have been kept closely-guarded secrets. The insider added:
"They have thought about this carefully and researched it well. This is the place where they plan to be happy, make good friends and bring up Archie, giving him the chance to play with other children his age."
A spokesperson for the couple told the gossip column:
"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved into their family home in July of this year. They have settled into the quiet privacy of their community since their arrival and hope that this will be respected for their neighbours, as well as for them as a family."
READ ALSO: Say what: Master KG reveals age and fans are in disbelief
Earlier, Briefly.co.za reported that Prince Harry is reportedly having a tough time adjusting to his life in the United States after stepping down as a senior member of the royal family, The Sun reports.
The publication reported a new book, Royals At War: The Inside Story of Harry and Meghan’s Shocking Split With the House of Windsor, made several claims about how the Duke of Sussex is coping with the major life change.
Authors of the book, Andy Tillett and Dylan Howard, claim the 35-year-old prince is suffering from cabin fever and is "secretly tortured" over the decision to leave the royal family.
In other news, Meghan Markle celebrated her 39th birthday on Tuesday, August 4. In the mood of celebration, members of the royal family took to their respective pages on social media to extended congratulatory messages to Markle on her special day.
A lovely photo of Markle and Queen Elizabeth was shared on the official Instagram page of the royal family. The post was accompanied with a short birthday note to Markle.
"Wishing The Duchess of Sussex a very happy birthday! The Queen and The Duchess are pictured during a joint visit to Chester in 2018."
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!