Keiynan Lonsdale is a Nigerian-Australian actor, dancer, and musician best known for his role as Bram in the critically acclaimed Love, Simon, a FOX feature film. He has also starred in The Divergent Series as Uriah Pedrad, in Dance Academy series as Oliver Lloyd, in The Flash as Wally West, and other globally watched films and television series such as Legends of Tomorrow, The Finest Hours, Supergirl, and others. He released his debut album, Rainbow Boy, in May 2020.
The multi-racial and multi-talented actor has had a successful career working in both Hollywood and Australia. Below are details about his personal life, career, and achievements.
Keiynan Lonsdale profile summary
- Full name: Keiynan Lonsdale
- Date of birth: 19th December 1991
- Keiynan Lonsdale age: 28
- Keiynan Lonsdale gender: Male
- Sexual orientation: Pan-sexual/ queer
- Nationality: Australian
- Profession: Musician, actor, dancer, songwriter
- Keiynan Lonsdale Instagram: @keiynanlonsdale
Early life and education
The super talented dancer and actor was born in 1991 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Keiynan Lonsdale birthday is on 19th December. His biological father is a Nigerian of Edo heritage while his mother is an Australian of Danish and Irish heritage. He has a total of 11 siblings, five from the maternal side and six from the paternal side.
Keiynan Lonsdale attended a performing arts high school where he studied dance. In an interview with MTV News, he revealed that he has always loved dancing since childhood.
Who is Keiynan Lonsdale partner?
In 2017, the actor opened up about being attracted to people regardless of gender or sexual orientation. He describes himself as queer as he cannot label his sexuality. He has, however, not revealed if he has a partner now.
Keiynan Lonsdale career
Lonsdale is a musician, actor, dancer, and songwriter. He began acting in 2007 in the film, Razzle Dazzle: A journey into Dance with a role that involved dancing. His latest film is Keiynan Lonsdale Work It, which was released on 8th August 2020 on Netflix. He plays Julliard Pembroke, a role that was supposed to be female. He has been in several other Keiynan Lonsdale movies.
- The Divergent Series: Insurgent (2015) as Uriah Pedrad
- The Divergent Series: Allegiant (2016) as Uriah Pedrad
- The Finest Hours (2016) as Eldon Hanon
- Dance Academy: The Movie (2017) as Oliver Lloyd
- Like. Share. Follow (2017) as Garrett
- Love, Simon (2018) as Bram Greenfeld
He has also been in a number of Keiynan Lonsdale television roles.
- All Saints (2008)
- Dance Academy (2012 - 2013) season 2, 3, and 4 as Oliver Lloyd
- The Flash (2015 – 2018, 2020) as Wally West / Kid Flash
- Legends of Tomorrow (2017 - 2018) as Wally West / Kid Flash
- Supergirl (2017) as Wally West / Kid Flash
- RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars 4 (2018) as himself (Guest Judge)
- Love, Victor (2020) as Bram Greenfeld (Guest star)
Keiynan Lonsdale is also a talented pop and RnB singer. He used to be part of a band, Panjo 5, that was later disbanded for not succeeding. In 2014, he released his first single, One and Only. He has a single Studio album, Rainbow Boy, released in May 2020 and one EP, Higher Vol. 1, released in 2015. The following are other Keiynan Lonsdale songs:
- Higher (2015)
- Good Life (2017)
- Kiss The Boy (2018)
- Preach (2018)
- Rainbow Dragon (2019)
- Gay Street Fighter (2020)
Apart from being an actor, dancer, and musician, he also worked as a VJ for two and a half years on MTV.
Keiynan Lonsdale achievements
The actor has won two awards and one nomination:
- Best Kiss award in the MTV Movie & TV Awards for his role in Love, Simon (2018) - won
- Screen Australia Breakthrough Award in Australians in Film Awards (2018) – won
- Choice Movie: Ship award in Teen Choice Awards for his role in Love, Simon (2018) - nominated
How much is Keiynan Lonsdale worth?
Keiynan Lonsdale net worth in 2020 is estimated at $500,000. His income comes from his music and acting.
Keiynan Lonsdale is doing well as an actor, dancer, and musician. Publicly declaring his sexual orientation has also helped his art in a significant way.
Briefly.co.za reported in January the places that are authorized to conduct weddings for the LGBTQI community. Not everyone in the country is comfortable with same-sex or other types of marriages, which means that not all venues are open for such events. Some of the places include the Baylonstoren, Cape Heritage Hotel, Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel, and the Valverde venue.
The South African government authorized these kinds of marriages in 2006. This has seen a surge in the number of same-sex marriages. In January 2020, the world witnessed the Somhale union, the biggest gay marriage between Somizi and Mohale. Other people have come out of their shell, including Letoya Makhene and her fiancé Lebo Keswa, Nomsa Buthelezi, Thandisa Mazwai, and others.