- The community of Philippi has been rocked by another gruesome murder of a young woman
- The lifeless body of Nomvuzo Atoli, 22, was discovered by people who were on their way to work on Thursday, 20 August
- Nomvuzo's body was discovered close to where the naked body of Amahle Quku, 17, was found in June
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
Mzansi is mourning the death of yet another young woman following the gruesome slaying of a young woman in Philippi on Thursday, 20 August.
Nomvuzo Atoli, 22 was found dumped in a rubbish container in Siyazenzela informal settlement in Nyanga. She had injuries to her head. She was last seen alive on Wednesday evening. Her lifeless body was found by people on their way to work.
Her body was discovered close to where the naked body of Amahle Quku had been found. Amahle, 17, was discovered on 20 June in Albert Luthuli Street.
Police spokesperson Sergeant Noloyiso Rwexana confirmed Nomvuzo's murder. She said:
"The circumstances surrounding this incident are under investigation with no arrests so far."
Social media users have shared their reactions on Facebook page, Women For Change Run, following the news of her murder. Check some of their comments below:
Ammy Zoya commented:
"So heartbreaking. May her soul torment those who are responsible for her death. Don't rest in peace yet sis. Expose 'em."
Yvonne Pillay wrote:
"So heartbreaking. RIP. Really hope the police catch this monster."
Nomhise Macozoma said:
"Oh these beautiful kids are dying Lord. Save us Lord, please save us."
Dudu Shongwe added:
"Hawu same crime scene of Amahle Quku."
READ ALSO: Justice for Kwasa: Woman, 19, killed in gender-based violence case
In other news, Briefly.co.za reported that IFP MP Mangosuthu Buthelezi has recovered from Covid-19, his family confirmed in a statement on Thursday, 20 August.
The 91-year-old leader received a negative test result on Thursday, family spokesperson Bhekuyise Buthelezi said. The politician has recovered just in time for his 92nd birthday celebration on 27 August.
Briefly.co.za reported that Buthelezi tested positive on 8 August. He has been in self-isolation ever since. He revealed that he was asymptomatic when he tested positive. He remained showed no signs of the virus until his recovery.
"We, the family of Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi, are pleased to confirm that uMntwana wa KwaPhindangene has completed the mandatory period of self-isolation after being diagnosed positive for Covid-19 on August 8."
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!