Rita Ora is one of the most famous female solo artists from the United Kingdom. She is an international star with an inspiring story. Did you know that she is a refugee? Find all the Rita Ora photos and facts in this extensive article.
Rita Ora began her career from singing at her dad's pub and became a famous and respected musician. She has also dated her fair share of wealthy celebrities. Find out Rita Ora birthday, exciting facts about her, and more here.
Rita Ora profile
- Birth name: Rita Sahatçiu Ora
- Date of Birth: 26th November 1990
- Rita Ora age: 29 years
- Place of Birth: Pristina, Kosovo, R. Kosovo
- Nationality: British
- Occupation: Singer, songwriter, actress, television personality
- Years active: 2004–present
- Genres: R&B, pop, dance
- Instruments: Vocals, piano
- Labels: Roc Nation, Atlantic Records
- Associated acts: DJ Fresh
- Website: ritaora.com
- Rita Ora Instagram: @ritaora
Early life and childhood
The famous singer was born on 26th November 1990 in Prishtina, Kosovo, formerly known as Yugoslavia. Her parents left the country for London soon after she was born because of the Albanians' oppression under the dictator Slobodan Milosevic. How old is Rita Ora now? She is 29 years old.
Ora initially was not their name; her parents added it as a surname because of how easily it rolls off the tongue. Her name Rita comes from her grandfather's favourite movie star, Rita Hayworth.
What nationality is Rita Ora? She is Kosovar and British. She grew up in Portobello Road in West London and attended St Cuthbert with St Matthias Primary School in Earls Court. She then went to Sylvia Young Theatre School, where she graduated.
Rita grew up listening to Prince, Blondie, Hendrix, and Celine Dion songs on her dad's records. These heavily influenced her music.
READ ALSO: Tekashi 6ix9ine bio: age, children, wife, out of jail, memes, songs, profile, net worth
Rita Ora parents are Besnic and Vera Sahatçiu. Her father is an economist and pub owner while her mum is a psychiatrist. Rita remembers growing up in a cramped room and them not having much. Her mum worked as a waitress at night and attended med school during the day.
Rita Ora sister is Elena, while her younger brother is Don.
Rita Ora is a jack of all trades, and she has dabbled in acting and singing and made appearances on reality TV shows. She began with singing in her dad's bar and performing at open mic sessions around London. We show you a timeline of her career from when she made her first debut to when she became an international star.
- 2004: The first Rita Ora movies appearance was on the hit British drama series Brief. Later that same year, she landed another acting role in a British film Spivs.
- 2007: She was featured in Craig David's track Awkward.
- 2008: Appeared in Craig David's other track Where's Your Love. She auditioned for Eurovision: Your Country Needs You on BBC One, and she got in as the British contestant. She ended up leaving the competition prematurely after being convinced that it would be damaging for her music career. Later this year, she met Jay Z, and she recalls getting off the flight without a shower for the meeting. He instantly signed her on to his label Roc Nation. She appeared in his music video Young Forever and Drake's Over.
- 2012: DJ Fresh selected her to be the vocal accompaniment for Hot Right Now. The song topped the charts and thrust her in the limelight. In May and August, she released R.I.P, featuring Tinie Tempah and How We Do respectively. They both topped the charts.
- 2014: In May, she released a single I will never let you down, which topped in the UK Charts. In June, Iggy Azalea featured Rita in her hit single Black Widow. The song was her first to make it to the Top 10 of the Billboard 100 Chart when it peaked at No.3.
- 2015/2016: This was when she began appearing in reality TV Shows as a coach on the Voice U.K, a judge on X-Factor, and as a part of America's Next Top Model. She also played Mia Grey in the Fifty Shades of Grey film, and she was a part of the sequels as well.
- 2018: In May, she released her second studio album Phoenix.
- 2020: In January, she appeared as a judge on a British reality singing competition, The Masked Singer.
READ ALSO: Megan Thee Stallion bio: age, real name, boyfriend, parents, education, net worth, profile
Rita Ora net worth
She is one of the most successful solo female singers from the UK, and her current net worth stands at a cool 30 million. Most of this income is from Rita Ora songs as well as her acting and endorsement deals.
She has had her fair share of dating celebrities.
From 2009 to 2011, she dated Bruno Mars. They met before either was famous. Between 2011 and 2012, she dated Rob Kardashian. Rita then dated Dj Calvin Harris from May 2013 to June 2014.
She then dated Richard Hilfiger in 2015, and they broke up after one year. In November 2016 to October 2018, she dated the musician, Andrew Watts. In November 2018 to early 2019, she dated the Amazing Spiderman actor Andrew Garfield.
Rita Ora boyfriend now is the French-Greek music video director Romain Gavras. The two have been spotted getting cozy on holiday, even though he is 10 years her senior. They have been together for 5 months.
Rita Ora made it against the odds and succeeded after putting in the work doing what she loved. Is she your favourite artist? Tell us why.
Briefly.co.za recently did a biography on the famous incarcerated hip-hop artist Bobby Shmurda. He had just been signed on to Epic Records, and his song was topping charts when he was locked up.
What did he do that warranted his arrest? Is it true that he will be released later this year? These questions and more are answered in the article that covers his entire life story and gives an inside look at the life of the talented yet problematic artist's life.
- MFR Souls bio: members, real names, songs, albums, nominations, awards, profile
- Simon Keys age, wife, Snake City, tattoo, salary, Instagram, house and contact details
- Tyrese Gibson aka Tyrese South African post and apology, net worth, bio, career, profile