- Peterson Siyaya has filed a lawsuit against eNCA, Media24, City Press and a few other publications for publishing misinformation
- According to Peterson, he does not own the G-Wagon the publications claimed he did in their articles about Malusi Gigaba and Norma Mngoma
- He has said he is not going to allow "white media" to do to him what they did to Winnie Madikizela-Mandela
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
Peterson Siyaya has said that he will not allow "white media" to do to him what they did to Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, who was always at the center of controversial reporting regarding her political life.
Media publications, namely, eNCA, Media24's City Press, Sunday Times, and The Citizen have all been slapped with a lawsuit by Peterson's lawyers who claimed that the journalists at the publication issued articles with false claims.
In a series of articles pertaining to the Gigaba marriage scandal, the publications claimed that Peterson owned the G-63 that was damaged by Malusi's estranged wife, Norma Mgnoma. Peterson has since denied owning the vehicle and has accused the media houses of tarnishing his name by involving him in the scandal.
READ ALSO: Picture of stunning Venda property turns heads all over Mzansi
"They didn't bother to check who was the real owner of the car, they went through Gigaba's social media and saw my picture with him next to the car and then claimed that I was the owner. Why? Simple and fair journalism would have just been to ask me. This was aimed at tarnishing my name. It is painful to be linked to the marital challenges of Malusi and his wife. They won't do to me what they did to Mam Winnie. I have the right to be respected too," Siyaya told Independent Media.
Peterson will be suing each of the publications for 5 million rand each.
READ ALSO: NewBeginnings: Norma drops Gigaba's surname, she is now Miss Mngoma
Briefly.co.za previously reported, Journalist, Shahan Ramkissoon says he will not apologise for what he said after KZN Premier, Sihle Zikalala accused him of both belittling and disrespecting him. The eNCA reporter posted a video to his Instagram account addressing the accusations.
In the clip, which is just over 2 minutes, Shahan speaks about the questions he asked the Premier in the 13-minute interview. Shahan says he spoke for just 2 minutes of that interview. The video has been viewed almost 90 000 times and has received over 1 000 comments since its upload earlier this week.
Shahan said he has been known to ask "uncomfortable questions" and added that he has interviewed many people from various political parties.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!