- Ten of the wealthiest moguls in the technology industry have lost $44 billion (R729 billion) of their collective wealth
- The billionaires lost the huge amount of money on Thursday, September 3 as the United States equities tumbled
- Jeff Bezos topped the list of those who lost on Thursday as the Amazon co-founder had $9 billion erased from his wealth
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
The ten richest technology moguls lost $44 billion from their collective wealth on Thursday, September 3, as the United States equities tumbled.
The wealthiest man in the world and co-founder of Amazon Inc, Jeff Bezos, lost the most as $9 billion was erased from his wealth.
According to a report by Bloomberg, Amazon's shares fell the most since June, while Tesla CEO Elon Musk had $8.5 billion erased from his wealth.
These are the ten world's 10 richest tech moguls who lost $44 billion on Thursday, September 3:
- Bill Gates: $2.9 billion
- Elon Musk: $8.5 billion
- Jack Ma: $1.6 billion
- Jeff Bezos: $9.0 billion
- Larry Ellison: $2.4 billion
- Larry Page: $3.6 billion
- MacKenzie Scott: $3.2 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg: $4.2 billion
- Sergey Brin $3.5 billion
- Steve Ballmer: $4.8 billion
In other Briefly.co.za news, MacKenzie Scott has become the richest woman in the world. MacKenzie and her ex-husband Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, settled their divorce in 2019.
As a result of the divorce settlement, MacKenzie was the recipient of around $38 billion worth in Amazon shares.
READ ALSO: Christmas comes early for local booze drinkers after beer truck crash
The large sum has seen her surpassing the previous record holder, Françoise Bettencourt Meyers, an heiress who owns and controls 33.3% of the world's largest cosmetic company L'oreal.
MacKenzie, who is a philanthropist, does not shy away from charity. In July this year she donated $1.7 billion of her wealth to several different causes.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!