ANC Women’s League tell NW officials not to step down despite order

ANC Women’s League tell NW officials not to step down despite order

- The ANC Women's League is calling on officials who have been ordered to step down to disobey the instruction

- The ANC North West interim provincial committee removed five mayors from the North West

- Bitsa Lenkopane, the ANC Women's League acting provincial secretary is calling on members to defy the order

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

Five municipal mayors have been removed by the ANC North West interim provincial committee (IPC). The decision was welcomed by many, however, the ANC Women's League were not among them.

The league has told the mayors to defy the order to step down. Bitsa Lenkopane, the ANC Women's League acting provincial secretary said that the decision is a result of factionalism within the ANC according to News 24.

"You don't just wake up and take a decision to remove people, even those who are at the helm of municipalities that are under section 139 administration," Lenkopane said.
ANC to reimburse government for SANDF jet 'lift' to Zimbabwe

ANC Women’s League tell NW officials not to step down despite order

Bitsa Lenkopane Bitsa is calling on officials to defy calls to step down. Photo credit: Facebook/Bitsa Lenkopane Bitsa
Source: Facebook

Hlomane Chauke coordinator of the IPC, said that the removal of the five officials was just the beginning.

READ ALSO: Boity has gotten back in shape and is making all the boys thirsty

Chauke said that these officials have failed the people of their municipalities by not discharging their duties correctly and they had not provided the necessary services to the community.

Cosatu has welcomed the decision and said that these municipalities were on the verge of collapse.

"While Cosate welcomes this decision, we hope that the ANC IPC will rise above petty factional interests, when they redeploy new comrades in these position which have now become vacant," Kopano Konopi, Cosatu provincial secretary.

Earlier, Briefly.co.za reported that President Cyril Ramaphosa has demanded a detailed report from Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula after a delegation of top ANC officials caught a 'lift' to Harare on an SANDF aircraft.

EFF won't adopt 'illegal' ANC policy on booting members facing charges

READ ALSO: Minnie Dlamini-Jones is pregnant: Hubby's birthday present

The Minister of Defence and Military Veterans has been given just 48 hours to compile this report on the incident which has been the subject of intense criticism from numerous political parties.

In a statement issued by the Presidency on Friday evening, Ramaphosa commented on the debacle that has put both the ANC and the government in the spotlight:

"In the interest of good governance and the prudent and ethical use of state assets, the president has directed the minister to provide a report within 48 hours that will set out the circumstances around the flight and the passenger list."

In other news, the ANC's financial issues are once again making headlines over allegations that staff members will be paying the price.

The party is unable to cover August salaries which had been due on the 25th already according to a recent report.

Covid-19 update: Ramaphosa talks Level 1, Mkhize says cases decreasing

A similar issue occurred late last year and again in June when the ANC was forced to delay payments for staff members.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel