The late legend HHP would have been 40 years old today. Despite him having passed back in 2018, fans, friends and family have come out to tribute the late legend and honour his memory.
Depression takes the lives of many on a daily basis. With the stressful and demanding climate we live in, more and more people are falling to their knees and into depression.
Briefly.co.za, like many others, celebrated HPP’s 40th birthday today despite him having been gone for two years already. This life was definitely taken too soon but his memory will forever remain.
HHP, Motswako maestro, died at the age of 38. The passing of HHP hit the people of Mzansi hard, especially when it was revealed that his life was lost to a battle with depression.
On the late legend's birthday we remember him by highlighting six awesome things about HHP:
- Jabulani Tsambo was born on 14 Septembe, 1980 and sadly passed away on 24 October, 2018.
- HHP’s music career started out when he was part of a group called Verbal Assassins, working with producer Tebogo Rameetse back in 1997.
- In 2007, HHP was the winner of South Africa’s Strictly Come Dancing.
- HHP was married to Lerato Sengadi.
- His stage name HHP stood for Hip Hop Pantsula.
- HHP could perform in several languages but chose mostly to do so in Setswana.
Briefly.co.za previously reported that rapper Cassper Nyovest's love for his friend and idol, late rapper HHP, will never fade. The Good For That rapper has proven this time and again.
Mufasa once again proved his love for Jabba this past weekend when he posted on social media his performance of the cover of HHP's hit titled Harambe.
The stripped-down cover was meant to be aired on the Global Citizen One World: Together at Home Concert but didn't make it on air because of time constraints. Cassper took to social media to share his version of Harambe and Mzansi's hip-hop community-approved.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!