- Durban-based snake-rescuer Nick Evans was called to a home in Glenwood after a young black mamba was found in a hamster cage
- Evans uploaded a post to Facebook explaining that a boy had gone to check on his sister's hamster, only to find the mamba in its place
- Evans added that he had found black mambas in many weird places before but this hamster cage find was a first
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
Snakes have been appearing in the oddest places recently. In a recent case, a black mamba was found in a hamster cage after eating the occupant. Snake-rescuer Nick Evans was called to a home in Glenwood, Durban earlier this week to meet the mamba.
In a post uploaded to Facebook, Evans said a young man had gone to check on his little sister's Russian dwarf hamster but to his surprise, there was no hamster - just a young black mamba. Evans added that he had never caught a mamba in a hamster cage before.
The post was uploaded yesterday and the comments from concerned Durbanites keep rolling in. Nick ended off the scary post with a little joke: "A Russian dinner, probably a first for this snake."
READ ALSO: Cristiano Ronaldo proposes with jaw-dropping R13m diamond ring
Briefly.co.za took a look at some of the comments under the shocking post.
Ida Luna Bonnevier wrote:
"WOW! Glad the kids and everyone else are fine."
Poppy Theron said:
Mandy Rudman commented:
"Shame that was a pet, not prey. This snake needs education."
Charmaine Xaba asked:
"Question is how he got there? Was he born there if that's his first meal? Somewhere in the house? I would be freaking out."
Carole Hibbert added:
"So sorry for the hamster owner. Didn't realise black mambas were found in Glenwood? Wow!"
In other news about snakes, Briefly.co.za recently reported on a python who bit a man's manhood while he was sitting on the toilet. A teenager in Thailand has had one of the worst experiences in his life after a snake bit his manhood while he was using the toilet.
Siraphop Masukarat was sitting on the toilet while at the same time watching videos on his phone on Tuesday, September 8, when he felt a sudden sharp pain on his manhood. The 18-year-old was rushed to the hospital where doctors recommended three stitches at the tip of his sex organ.
The wound was also treated with an antibiotic wash to kill any bacteria from the python's poison, if any. Speaking to Daily Mail about the horrifying ordeal, Siraphop said he only discovered he was bitten by the reptile when he saw its head sprout from the toilet bowl.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!