- Beyoncé fans are known to fiercely defend their queen no matter what
- Recently Sizwe Dhlomo found himself on the receiving end of a schooling by Beyoncé fans after he made some comments about her
- The radio personality said that the singer does not have full ownership of her masters but her fans begged to differ
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
Sizwe Dhlomo found himself on the receiving end of upset Beyoncé fans after he made a comment that she doesn’t fully own her music masters.
The radio personality was weighing in on the ongoing debate on social media sparked by Kanye West’s recent rant.
Sizwe Dhlomo said that Bey owns half her masters.After he was challenged, Dhlomo decided to prove receipts of his claims.
He said that the artist only owns her music from the year 2011. Everything she released before that still belongs to SONY.
Fans pulled up old footage of the artist discussing how she owned her masters and used it to back their position in the debate against Sizwe.
The unshaken Dhlomo went on to say:
“Sony owns Beyoncé’s early work, that’s a fact. They then formed a partnership after that that gives her backdated access but the ownership of that work remains theirs.”
The American Beehive joined in on the debate and gave Sizwe a piece of their minds.
One social media user said:
“If this man knows more about Beyoncé's masters' ownership than Beyoncé herself, he also knows where the FWT DVD is. Come on boy, don't be shy, tell us!”
Another user said:
“But Bey does own her masters !! Idk how mfs don’t know this”
Briefly.co.za previously reported that Kanye West has continued with his Twitter rant over his frustrations with the music industry.
The star left many fans in disbelief when he posted a video of himself literally peeing on one of his Grammy awards in a toilet bowl.
The star has made it clear on the micro-blogging app that he wants to be freed from all his recording contracts. The billionaire rapper revealed that he won't release new music until he is freed from his contracts with Sony/ATV Music Publishing and Universal.
The star revealed this in a tweet on Monday. He has deleted the tweet. He captioned the graphic video where he urinates on his Grammy:
"Trust me ... I WON'T STOP."
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!