- Pretoria High Court Judge, David Makhoba has thrown out the Bushiri/Mboro case
- This after the Judge said that the matter was not urgent
- This after Bushiri issued a court summons to Mboro to court on Wednesday this week
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
Pretoria High Court Judge David Makhoba has dismissed Bushiri's case against Mboro. According to the judge, the case lacks urgency and therefore made the decision not to make any ruling in favour of any of the parties.
Bushiri dragged Mboro to court this week in hope that the Judge will rule in his favour to get Mboro to retract certain statements he made about Bushiri earlier. Mboro had allegedly made false accusations about Bushiri being a con artist. He also wanted the statements retracted from various news publications.
This after congregants from Bushiri's church came forth and claimed they had been scammed out of thousands of rands by Bushiri who is also known as "Major 1" by his loyal followers. Bushiri, however, claimed that he too fell victim to the forex scam, and has since paid back the couple who claimed he scammed them.
Briefly.co.za previously reported, the two went head-to-head at the Pretoria High Court on Monday morning this week with Bushiri's lawyers calling on Mboro to retract his statements and for the statements to be pulled from publications.
Bushiri blames all the negative publicity for other spiritual leader's jealousy and spiteful actions, hinting that Mboro was jealous of his following, success and wealth. During their court appearance this week Bushiri's lawyer C.Mpofu accused Mboro and the scorned congregants of stripping him of his right to dignity.
“In South Africa, unlike in the United States, the right to freedom of expression is not limited,” said Mpofu.
He also mentioned xenophobic remarks, stating Bushiri should "go home", made allegedly by Mboro and those that accused Bushiri of scamming them.
Meanwhile, Mboro had this to say about the case being dismissed:
“It’s not about me,” he said, “I’m glad the people who were affected, have won the right have their cries heard.” he said after the short proceedings.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!