- Jacob Zuma has come out and said that he "draws the line" at having his children's bank accounts investigated by the State Capture Commission
- Zuma expressed that coming after his children is a declaration of war and he would fight back with all he's got
- The former president said that his children are not part of the government so they should not be implicated in matters that have nothing to do with them
Former president Jacob Zuma is furious about the possibility of having his children's bank accounts probed for State Capture purposes. Zuma has come out and expressed that he "draws the line" at anyone who is coming after his children in investigations against him.
Zuma said that coming after his children is a "declaration of war" which would result in him fighting back with everything he has.
In a statement that was released on Friday, Zuma said he had noted that there had been a report by the Sunday Times alleging that the Zondo Commission had turned its focus to his children's bank accounts.
Zuma expressed that he knew that the commission was desperate to hold him accountable for the part he played in state capture, but he condemned the targeting of his children stating that it is a matter that has nothing to do with them.
The former president said: "My children live their lives seperately and must be treated like any child or personthat has not been implicated in any wrongdoing."
He also added that his children had not been served with any notices showing that they had been implicated by any witnesses selected by the commission.
Zuma said that his children were not part of the government and should not be dragged into battles that aimed to destroy him.
In other news, Briefly.co.za previously reported that another suspect has been arrested in the R3.2 million Covid-19 relief fund saga. The Hawks' Serious Corruption Investigation team has swooped in to arrest a second suspect in connection with Covid-19 social relief fund fraud. In a statement issued by the South African Police Service on Friday, it was confirmed that a 75-year-old had been taken into custody in the Giyani area earlier this week.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!